{1}

Jeon Jungkook woke to his alarm like every morning. His arm grazed against the cold empty half of the bed. Years ago this sight would have saddened him. But he smiled knowing his wife would rest here just after her shift ended at the hospital. He got up and strolled over to his closet. The old black police uniform hung just in front of him. He was happy to be able to push it aside and take alternate clothing.

He buttoned his white shirt to the middle of his chest and pulled on his black jeans. He slung a tie over his shoulder and ruffled his black hair. Satisfied he walked out. The wooden floor against his bare feet was a chilling contrast to the warm fuzzy carpet he woke up to.

He laughed as the kitchen came into view. Standing on a chair pouring a kid sized bottle of milk into a bowl was his daughter.

"Appa! I made you breakfast!" Her curly hair stuck out in random places and her school uniform was just a little off.

"It looks delicious! You really made this for me Mina?"

She smiled widely displaying her missing teeth. She inherited his eyes and smile and her mothers hair and Carmel complexion.

With a smile he walked over to give her a hug and set her on the floor. Cereal was scattered across the counter from her attempts at pouring it. Easily he cleaned it and took a pop tart from the cabinet for her to eat.

He sat at the table and she made herself comfortable on his lap.

"Mmmmm! This is the best breakfast ever!" He exclaimed every few bites. She would giggle attempting not to spit out her food. "Don't tell your mommy I said that okay?"

She made a zipping motion over her lips and smiled widely at him.

"Are you going to work today daddy?"

"Yes, I am."

"But your not wearing your work clothes!"

"Your daddy got a promotion so now I get to wear clothes like this every day."

"I like it!"

"I'm glad you do." He hugged her and swayed their bodies back and forth. "Let's finish getting ready before mommy comes home. Alright?"

Mina was the first to run to the bathroom and when he arrived she already had is toothbrush waiting for him. She mimicked him the whole time. The way he put the paste on the brush to the silly faces he made in the mirror.

After all of that was finished he fixed her clothes and started on her hair. Jungkook sat on the edge of the tub with his fidgety six year old between his legs. Because of her hairs texture simple brushes wouldn't work. He combed through it with a pick carefully making sure strays didn't spring away from his hold. He wrapped it in a tight ponytail and smoothed it with gel the way he'd seen his wife do since Mina was a baby. She always had a full head of curly hair and he loved it and her to no end.

"Look who's trying to win father of the year." His wife Yesenia teased from the doorway.

"Mommy!" Mina ran to her mother hugging her waist like it had been years since their last encounter.

She patted the girls head but her focus was on Jungkook. They smiled at one another. Their eyes playing a game to see who would look away first. Neither wanted to. They wished to spend hours just looking into the others eyes but the little beauty between them was begging for attention. They didn't mind that so much.

"Go get your book bag mija." It seemed as if the girl never stopped running and they both laugh when she nearly tripped over her feet. She was fine of course but her dramatic recovery was entertaining to say the least.