Chapter 18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Mace? For a couple of seconds I completely forgot what that was. And that's when it dawned on me. Normally I would've had an devilish smirk on my face but I didn't really find this funny at all. I wasn't exactly feeling too proud of myself at this moment.

Natalie was lying on the couch while our mother tended to her wounds. It didn't look that bad. She just looked really swollen and red in the face. Ok it was bad.

I didn't think that was really going to hurt her. I thought it just burned you for a couple of seconds. It was all Sarah's fault anyway. We were watching an episode of The Golden Girls and that's what happened to one of the characters.

"Hurry up Leo," I heard my mother shout from the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. She's always been so quick and helpful to Natalie. Of course she would. Natalie's her golden girl. When the staircase incident happened she was more interested in arguing with my father than helping me. I shook the memory from my head.

I brought Natalie her Brita water bottle.

"Go to your room," My mother said without looking to me.

I hadn't even fully extended my arm to give Natalie her bottle. I didn't protest or anything. I just turned right around and went to go upstairs. Before I got to the top I remembered something.

Did Josh ever leave?

I turned right around and jogged back down. Long and behold there was a football player sized shadow in front of the door. I have to say that brought a little smile to my face. I opened the door and saw him looking around awkwardly.

"Still here? Huh?" I asked.

He looked back at me startled. I suppressed a giggle. I was still feeling down about Natalie. I may be evil at times but I still have a heart.

"Uh yeah," He said scratching his head.

"Were you just gonna stay there all day?" I asked.

"Probably would've left in a couple more minutes," He responded. "So uh what happened?"

"Old prank came back to bite me in the ass," I simply said. "Natalie got the worst of it though."

"Is she okay?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, "I think so, but I'm not really sure."

He looked worried for her.

"You wanna go see her?" I asked.

"Nah I don't think so," He replied. "Your mother and she probably still hate me and she's already not feeling well."

"Oh just be quiet and come in," I said snatching his arm to pull him in.

"You're a little stronger than I thought," He said as he walked behind me.

I said nothing. The smart remark program wasn't working in my head for the time being. Mom and Natalie still didn't notice us until I cleared my throat. They both looked our way.

"Look who stopped by-" I began but was cut off.

"What is he doing here?" My mother said. "Is this another one of your little games? Hasn't she gone through enough for today?"

I took a deep breath before I could respond rudely to her. I was already in enough deep water.

"No this is not part of my games," I said.

"I think it'll be better if I go," Josh said turning to leave.

"Wait," I heard Natalie say.

We all turned and looked at her. As far as we all knew Natalie hated the guy since the little incident on the ship.

"Nat," My mother began.

"It's fine," Natalie cut in.

Ha! Now she knows how it feels to be rudely interrupted. I looked to Josh who seemed to be the most surprised out of anyone.

"Can I talk to Josh alone?" She asked.

"Sure," Mom and I both said without actually moving.

"Key word being alone guys," She added.

That seemed to break us.

"Leo help me in the kitchen," My mother said.

I didn't protest at all I just followed her. Before she could say anything I began.

"Ok so I know I'm grounded for what happened yesterday. I know I'm in deep shit because of it. And now I know I'm in even deeper shit because of the whole mace prank. Ok I get it. I deserve everything that's coming to me. But Natalie should be your main focus like she always is rather than disciplining me. So can we talk about this at another time?" I said quickly.

My mother was just speechless. I held back a smile that would surely come when she didn't see me.

"Uh yeah. Ok," She simply said turning to look for something.

"Really?" I asked. "That's it?"

She gave me a look and I stopped talking.

"I'm gonna uh order from the Chinese restaurant. Could you go see what Natalie wants?" She asked.

I nodded and walked back to the living room. I heard Natalie and Josh laughing before I even got there. Let's just say it surprised me. She rarely laughed especially with someone she hated. I walked in but they still couldn't see me.

Josh was sitting on the floor talking and smiling at her while she lie on the couch doing the same. I couldn't help but smile. They looked pretty cute as a couple. They looked perfect.

They looked like everything I've always wanted.

A/N: Hey guys. Did this update surprise you? It sure surprised me because I didn't even plan to start writing. I've been going through a slump...well let's not say slump. Let's say condition. I haven't really been writing as much as I use to and I apologize for that. So did you guys like this chapter? Are you excited for more updates? Do you guys like the new cover for Grade D? Let me know ;)