Chapter 17

A/N: I really want to start off saying that I'm deeply sorry for not updating this past month. Things weren't really going well and I got an extreme case of writers block. Hopefully after this I'll be back to my weekly updating schedule of Grade D & Dangerous Appetite.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

After that little fiasco with Austin and Cole, I met my father outside of the school.

"I thought Mom was gonna pick me up," I said to him as I hopped into the car.

"She went with Natalie for a college visit," He told me. "They won't be back for a couple of days."

"Natalie? College," I said. "Wow. That's new."

"Yep," He replied. "At least one of my children are doing something good."

I lie in bed staring at the ceiling. I had my old glow in the dark stars up there, which I had never bothered to take down. That whole task just seemed too strenuous for me. I clearly didn't have time for that.

I have no phone. Do you know what that means? I'm pretty sure you do. I feel like I'm back in the middle ages. I wonder how people lived back then before the technology boom of the world.

What did they do all day? What did they do with their spare time? Oh I know. I just can't do that right now. Cole is strictly off limits.

I got off my bed slowly like a snail. I made sure to put extra emphasis on each step down. I don't know why I did that. I went to the kitchen. I had to eat that gorgeous cake.

I just had to. It was going to go bad and I know God wouldn't want that. I opened the fridge and took it out.

I wanted to take a picture before I destroyed it. I patted my pocket looking for my phone. Oh that's right. I wish I still had my old digital camera. I was supposed to go and get a new camera for my birthday, but you know how that went down.

I got my special name printed fork and went to town on the cake.

An hour later of self-shaming and a stomach ache and I was done with it. There was nothing left of this poor cake. I licked the fork and began to wash it. I was about to go up the stairs before the doorbell rang.

"Dad you gonna get that?" I called up the stairs.

No response.

Oh I see what this is. This always happens in the horror movies. The hot character is home alone and then mysteriously the doorbell rings. I flipped my nonexistent invisible hair and went to the door.

It was Josh.

"So you're the killer?" I asked confused.

"What?"

"I thought you were the vicious killer that stalks hot students and comes to kill them when they're home alo-," I told him. "Wait what are you doing here?"

"I uh," He said scratching the back of his neck looking away.

Oh my God maybe he is the killer. I knew it. It's always the boyfriend. He probably came here to slaughter Natalie, but unfortunately she wasn't here and her sexy younger brother was the only other option.

"Is Natalie here?" He asked.

"No," I responded.

"And even if she was here you would've said the same thing," He replied.

"You know me too well," I said smiling. "So why do you need her?"

"We need to talk about," He began but was interrupted by a car slamming into the driveway.

We both watched as my mother got out and walked around to open the passenger door. I wondered what the hell was going on. I saw Natalie come out with a scarf over her and shades on. She definitely wasn't dressed for this weather. My mom locked the car door remotely as they scurried up the steps.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Get in the house now," My mother yelled at me.

I'll have to admit that startled me. Plus, with everything that happened earlier I knew I was walking on thin as fuck ice. I backed into the house as they came in.

Natalie sat on the couch as my mother grabbed my arm a little roughly.

"What is the matter with you?" She asked.

"What?"

"You know I've just about had it with you," She told me. "I've given you too many free passes."

"What's wrong?" I asked.

I really didn't know. I'm accused of something and I'm automatically guilty and I don't even know what the crime is. Guess I know what it's like to be - you know let me not get into that.

"This is what's wrong!" Natalie said ripping off her shades.

My eyes widened. One of her eyes were swelling and her face was shiny and red.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Oh don't act like you don't know," She said.

I shrugged my shoulders. I really didn't. I'm not really behind every bad thing that goes on in this house.

"We were at the dean's office," She began. "It was almost my turn to go for the interview."

"Ok," I replied. "That doesn't explain why you look terrible."

"Shut up!" My mother told me.

"I grabbed my perfume from my bag and spritzed myself to smell more captivating," She told me.

"'K..."

"It wasn't perfume Leo," She informed me. "It was mace."

A/N: Again I apologize for not updating. I'm also sorry for this crappy chapter too :( . Please forgive me!