Chapter 10 - The court martial approaches

Começar do início

Mila moved so Holcum could stand up. *I will decide what I am going to mention to you to an extent. I don't wish to pull rank but this is for your own good. I understand but you are my mate and I will do what I need to help protect you.* When they started showering Mila was pleased Holcum didn't give her the cold shoulder.

~~~

The following morning Williamson was escorted to an interview room where his lawyer was waiting for him. "Sit Williamson, we need to talk. I have finally worked through all the evidence, video footage, and statements given to me. I have also been contacted by the Admiral and there is going to be a video call to your step-mother in just a few moments." As he was talking he was pulling his tablet out and some files.

Williamson grunted. "Would it be possible to talk to someone other than my step-mother? We do not get along and I don't wish to talk to her." To her she might have been trying to soften what his father had been teaching him. To him she had been trying to win him away from his father. She wasn't his mother, his mother had simply left one day and was never been seen again. His step-mother was an arranged marriage and he knew it. His father had made that known to him when he was younger.

The lawyer looked up at him. "She is the first on your emergency contact list and since she is married to your father currently she is your guardian. Till such time as your father wakes and changes that or his lawyer indicates someone else has been designated no. If you do not wish to speak to her I will make a note of it and contact your father's lawyer and see what he might have." As of right now neither knew Williamson's father and lawyer had dissolved their relationship.

Williamson curled his lip in disgust. "Fine I will speak to that woman. I want you to contact his lawyer and ensure that you are being given the best information on my father possible. What can you tell me about what is going on?" He was not very happy and wished he was on earth with his father. Even though he knew nothing about the interview with the Whitewater's, Williamson knew they were at fault somehow.

"I will do that but before I say anything else I would prefer to have you talk to your mother. Once you are done I will tell you what I know and we can compare it once you are done. Then we can discuss your case." He waited for Williamson to say something before he pointed at a screen on the wall and placed the call. When it was answered he was out of the pick-ups view so the child could talk to his mother.

Williamson gave him a slight nod before clearing his face as best possible. He had long since learned to be as neutral around her as possible. When the view cleared and showed the hospital room he almost cried. He could see his father in the background with machines and things hooked up to him. His step-mother was sitting in a chair next to the bed and she was looking like a proper concerned wife. Williamson knew better but for the moment he was going to be as civil as possible. "Good morning mother, how is my father doing?"

When the screen cleared she tucked a book mark to save her page and looked up at the boy. "Good morning Herman. Right now he is in guarded condition and in an induced coma. The doctors have been working around the clock to do what they can for your father. In several days they are going to take him for FMRI to see what parts of his brain might have been damaged by the stroke. Untill then they are not able to say much since with the coma his brain functions are suppressed. As soon as I have some additional information I will contact your lawyer. Oh, so you know the military has sent a Liaison to work with the doctors."

Herman, he was the third with that name, was not happy though what his step-mother had said matched what the Admiral had said. "Do they have any idea how long it might take to get more information? I am very upset and worried about my father. Not being able to come home makes it even worse." He knew asking his step-mother to try and do something to get him released for even a short time was pointless. She despised her husband had also made her opinion of Williamson known as well. Chances were good she would enjoy telling him she had tried while not doing anything.