Following My Compass: Dean Ambrose

A/N- Yes, I know it has been a long time since I last published a one-shot.  I've been trying to work on a new story about the WWE, called "Kidnapped Rebels."  Also, school's back in session, and that makes it even harder sometimes.  Shout out to divergent_spn61 for this AWESOME idea!  It has gotten me back into the swing of things here on Wattpad.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N's P.O.V.)

I waited in line along with many other fans in that bookstore parking lot.  Today, there was a WWE Superstar that was signing autographs and taking pictures as a part of a media tour.  I was the last person in line, and I didn't mind it at all.  I just wanted to say that I met a WWE Superstar.  

Here's the issue though: I don't know who it is going to be.  They haven't even announced how many Superstars are going to be there or who it is going to be, but I'll be ready to find out when I get up there in line.  I decided to put in my earbuds, because I knew it was going to be a long wait.  The first song that came on was Lady Antebellum's "Compass."  

I started to daydream while listening to that song.  The song talks about finding where and who you belong with in life and all of the obstacles to it.  No matter what, I believed that there would be somebody out there.  I already had a stable job as a meteorologist at the local news station, and I wanted to let somebody into my life that would help me along the way.  

When I daydream to a song, I always start to hum along to the song a little bit.  The line was moving faster than I intended.  I could only assume that the Superstar there just wanted to leave as quick as they could and get the heck out of Dodge.  

I waited for about an hour, and when I was a few people away, I saw the WWE Superstars that were the lucky ones today.  It was none other than the Lunatic Fringe himself, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns.  I smiled a little bit, but I think it was because of "Compass" playing once again.  I took one earbud out and listened.  Needless to say, Dean sounded....angry.  His tone also sounded like heartbreak was written all over it.    

I felt bad for him, but I focused on the song instead.  I decided to put the song on repeat as I waited.  All of the sudden, I was humming and I was next in line.  I quickly turned my music off but I had to finish off the last lyric of the song by singing it quietly to myself.  

When it's all said and done, you can walk instead of run.  

'Cause no matter what you'll never be alone.   

The person controlling who could go in and out let me in to where they were signing.  

I heard Dean mumble, "Thank God.....whoa."

I smiled and said, "Hello."

Dean said, "What's your name?"

"(Y/N)."

They signed the photo that I had of the two of them together and then Dean said, "Turn around.  I want a photo with you."

Meanwhile, Roman is smirking at him this whole entire time.  I could tell it was code for either "Nice rebound," or something like that.  

I agreed, and he also wrote his phone number on the back of the photo.  I didn't realize it at first, and I smiled and said, "Thank you."

Dean said, "No problem."

I walked out of the bookstore and looked back to see a bright red Dean Ambrose.  I got into my car and looked at the photo, as if it was my most prized possession.  Then, I read the message on the back which stated, "Text me later.  I can't forget a pretty girl like you."