The Finnish Mistake Part I: Pekka Rinne

A/N- This one goes out to @divergent_spn61 who is my editor. I at least owe her this much. The title has nothing to do with the actual plot, but it had a nice ring to it. The clip above is just one of the many things that happens during the episode. It is a way to get a feel for some of the things that might happen throughout the story.

____________________________________________
(Y/N P.O.V.)

It was a normal day off for my sister and I. We decided to binge watch our favorite television show. We were in the middle of Season 9 and heard the opening scene for what became one of our all-time favorite episodes.
"What makes a story work? Is it the plot, the characters, the text, the subtext? And who gives a story meaning: the writer or you? Tonight, I thought I'd tell you a little story, and let you decide."
"I think this Metatron dude is going to be a complete dictator. Hey, aren't we supposed to pick up that foreign exchange student from the airport today?" Nicole says to me.
"I forgot!!! I'm not even ready yet!" I say to her.
We got ready in the drop of a dime, and made sure to pause the episode. As we were about to leave, I almost forgot to put the remote down. I put it down, and our cat, Lucky, laid on it. That stupid cat better have not started the episode over again, or else he goes off to Melmac!
It was about a fifteen minute drive over to the airport. When we found out that our family was going to be a host family for a foreign exchange student, we were excited! Our brother had just gone off to college, and I don't even know when we'll see him again.
We got there just in time, because the student's plane just landed. Nicole and I walked in and held up our sign. It was kinda dorky and said "WELCOME TO AMERICA!" in about fifty different languages.
Except, we were idiots and didn't put Finnish on there. The student that we would be hosting for our senior year was from Finland. He was....I don't even know what to say. Even with exhaustion all over his face due to jet lag, he still looked amazing.
I say to the student, "Hello. What's your name?"
He replied, "Pekka. You are...?"
What's even better is that he doesn't know how to speak English fluently yet.
"(Y/N). Welcome to America!"
He looked at me confused, and mumbled under his breath, which made me fall for him even more. I had to look up what he was saying, and it was something about wanting food.
"Do you want to get something to eat?"
"Sure."
Pekka, Nicole, and I grab his baggage from the baggage claim and we made our way to something that every American should at least try once: Zaxby's. He was confused, but I looked up a translation of the menu in Finnish. One thing that I have to thank Google Translate for is the ability to detect languages when someone is speaking.
____________________________________________
(Pekka's P.O.V.)

Well, I was in a new land with a new crush. I think her name was (Y/N). She had the prettiest (Y/E/C), even though I had no clue what she was saying half the time. She took me to this weird restaurant, but their food was amazing! On the way there, she kept singing along to the radio, and I've never heard such a pretty voice.
Maybe, when (and if) I learn English well enough, I can ask (Y/N) out on a date.
____________________________________________
(Y/N's P.O.V.)

We arrived home after Zaxby's, and I know that it tastes great normally, but it tasted even better with Pekka. Nicole had to get home real quick, because she had a date with her boyfriend. I didn't want to tell her this, but I don't think she should have gone. Her boyfriend was a real jerk to all of our friends behind her back, and she didn't know about it. She went anyway, but I had the night of my life with Pekka.

Nicole left, and I realized that we still had the episode from earlier on pause. Lucky was right on top of the remote, and I yanked it out from under him. That cat was on a one-way trip to Melmac this time, because it went back FIVE EPISODES!!!!!
Pekka was upstairs sleeping. I looked up the total flight time for him, and it was almost twelve hours! That doesn't even include the time changes and the stops. People would have to be nuts to travel that much.
He walked down just as the "Metadouche", or Metatron, came on and did his opening to the "camera." I was finally at the place that Nicole and I left off of before we went to the airport.
"May I...join you, please?"
"Of course, Pekka. I think they have Finnish subtitles. Do you want them on?"
"Yes, please."
The subtitles started rolling just as he started to put his arm around me.
"What makes a story work? Is it the plot, the characters, the text, the subtext? And who gives a story meaning: the writer or you? Tonight, I thought I'd tell you a little story, and let you decide."
I quietly said these lines to myself, and I thought something right there and then.
I think Metatron may have a point, even though he is an evil dictator. Maybe I'll find out what that means with Pekka.
____________________________________________
A/N- Sorry there was such a weird ending, but that is why I can add multiple parts to the tale. Also, Melmac is a planet that the alien ALF came from, and the dialogue was from Supernatural Season Nine, Episode Eighteen from the beginning. Zaxby's is real, but it is only located in the South.

Feel free to send in requests, because the door is open to anything.