The Finnish Mistake Part II: Pekka Rinne

A/N-Sorry it's been a long time since I have updated, but it has been insane here. I've been at a huge music festival and a lacrosse camp. Sorry for the long delay, but here is Part II of The Finnish Mistake Hope you enjoy the next part! The video is completely irrelevant.  
--------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N P.O.V.)

My senior year in high school was the best time that I've ever had in a while. I don't know that it had anything to do with Pekka being around the house trying to figure out English, but all of the memories that were made over the year were well worth it.

The first event that took place during my senior year was the annual homecoming dance. I never have been there with a date before, but Pekka asked me in the most adorable way imaginable. He got me an early Halloween card, but instead of it saying it was time for tricks or treats, he asked me to homecoming. I loved that because it was so simple, and it was lovely. We had an amazing time during the dance, and I started to fall even harder for Pekka.

Another event that was awesome was prom. At my school, prom is exclusive to juniors and seniors and their dates. Of course, Pekka and I went together as a date and that night was our six month anniversary. I don't know what was better: homecoming or prom. Either way, he was leaving today. Nicole was already out with her boyfriend because she didn't want to interfere with our last moments together.

I started the familiar drive to the airport with Pekka. He looked just as somber as I did, and I didn't want him to leave me. Not only was he my best friend, but he was the man of my dreams. I started to park the car and started to walk with him to the terminal. We didn't look into each other's eyes, as they would see the sadness that plagued our hearts. We arrived at security, and I slowly kissed him goodbye. He returned it to my lips, and he walked through security. I was convinced that I would never see him again.

___________________________________

(Pekka's P.O.V.)

I walked towards the plane that would take me home for the first time in just under a year. America was one of the best experiences I got to be a part of in a long time. I also got to spend it with one of the best people in the world. I loved (Y/N) and I didn't want to leave her ever again. I found the gate that I would depart from, and I shed a few tears. I told that girl that I would be hers forever and always, but I had to leave to begin my journey back to Finland. I had a dream to come back to America once again, and I would win her over once and for all.

I wanted to be a player for the NHL. I wished to watch her reaction when she would see my face playing the game I loved. I had my phone on, and my wallpaper was (Y/N) in my alternative jersey for the state championship. We won, and she was never happier. Nothing would stop me from becoming the greatest goalie in the NHL.

__________________________________

(A few weeks later...)

"With the 258th pick in the NHL draft, the Nashville Predators select: Pekka Rinne."

____________________________________

A/N- The finale of The Finnish Mistake will be written soon. I apologize for it being so short, but I can't wait to wrap this story up and see what you guys think about it. Thanks for reading!!