Wishing to Break Your Heart: Patrick Kane

(Y/N P.O.V.)

     I was driving back home from the 2015 Stanley Cup celebrations.  It was a long celebration, and I was both exhausted and excited.  My boyfriend was a huge part of that win.  I have been with Patrick Kane for almost two years, and it was both hot and cold at points.  We would argue about the stupidest things, and we wouldn't speak for a few days.  Then, we would apologize to each other and get back to the way things were before the fight.  

     I wish I could break your heart.  

     I wish I could bring you down.  

     Just for a second, teach you a lesson.  

     About being alone in the dark.  

     The song played as I made the drive home.  I started to think about the lyrics of the song, and I wanted to sometimes break his heart.  I wanted to be the one that could be the heartbreaker for Patrick Kane.  But, when he comes around, I love him so much.  

     Well, the truth is that I never ever wanna hurt you, baby.  

     But, it'd be nice to know that I could 

     Be strong enough to pull you under, throw you back a little thunder.

     Even though I never would.  

     I wish I could break, I wish I could break your heart.   

     Patrick and I didn't have the perfect relationship, but we did care for each other.  If I wasn't there at a game or the Blackhawks were on the road, I would always cringe whenever he would get checked.  I would always hope that he wouldn't get into a fight.  When we did argue, I always thought about leaving him.  I would wonder why I was with him in the first place.

     The playoffs were one of those times that we would somehow always fight, but when these playoffs rolled around, Patrick Kane avoided me like the plague.  I didn't know why, and I really wanted to leave him.  I hated the silence that rang through our apartment that we bought ten months ago.  He would glance at me, and he would look so nervous and scared.  I wouldn't talk to him either, because I thought it was a superstition.  I believed in all of that hockey mojo, and I didn't want to affect the way that he would play.  

     I wish I could crash your dreams.  

     I wish I could turn back time. 

     Boy, I'd lead you on, light the fuse, and drop the bomb.

     Just so I'd be the first to leave.     

     I made it back to our apartment and went up the elevator with that song stuck in my head.  Even though I loved Patrick Kane, I wish that I could sometimes break his heart into a million pieces.  He hasn't spoken to me in a month, and I'm about ready to leave.  But, if I was going to leave him, my heart would break just as much as his heart.  I couldn't do that to the both of us.  

     The noise of the elevator opening to our floor snapped me out of my thoughts.  I walk to our apartment, half-expecting to see a drunk Patrick Kane passed out on the floor.  Instead, there was a note that told me to meet him in thirty minutes and at a certain location.  It was our favorite park and where we first met.  I decided to get changed into something that was a little more formal for the occasion.  

     Well, the truth is that I never ever wanna hurt you, baby.

     But, it'd be nice to know that I could

     Be strong enough to pull you under, throw you back a little thunder.

     Even though I never would.

     I wish I could break, I wish I could break your heart.

     I wish I could break your heart.  

     I wish I could make you cry.  

     I wish I could turn back time.  

     I pulled up to the park, and he must of known that I would have parked in that spot.  Outside of the driver's door, there was a trail of rose pedals leading up to the lake.  I followed it, and all I heard was the clicking of my heels as I took each step.  Once I got to the end of the trail, I saw an awning that was lit up by candles.  In the middle of that, I saw Patrick Kane in the middle waiting for something or someone.  

     I walk behind him, and he jumped a little bit.  "(Y/N), I wasn't sure if you were actually going to come or not."

     I replied, "Why would I ignore the note??"  

     Patrick quickly darted his eyes around and he began, "I know that we don't have the perfect relationship, but I wanted to make it better.  I'm sorry that I didn't talk to you during the playoffs, and I did that because I didn't want you to get hurt.  But, (Y/F/N, Y/M/N, Y/L/N), will you be mine forever and marry me?"  

     I stood there in shock for a moment as he got down on one knee.  I replied with the answer that was one sure way to make his heart even more perfect.  

     "Yes."  

     I wish I could break your heart.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- Decided to go back to the NHL for a while, and I think that up next I might do something else.  Suggestions are always open and I want to hear some ideas from the readers.  Hope everyone enjoyed this one!!     

This is Fiction: Random One-Shots to Help Pass Timeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें