Highway Savior: Jonathan Toews

(Y/N P.O.V.)

     I had the night shift at the hospital I worked at.  I was a nurse that was almost always assigned to the emergency room.  I didn't mind it, but I always saw bad situations in the emergency room.  People always came in here for the wrong reasons or events that tended to change their lives forever.

     It was a slow night and on a night like this, we would turn on the Blackhawks game and watch our team win.  They had the night off, and it was too quiet.  Suddenly, the head doctor came rushing into the room and told us to prepare.  

     "We had a major car crash victim coming in!  Get ready!"  

     We all were ready just as the patient was brought into the emergency room.  The EMTs already had him on oxygen.  It felt like I recognized this patient, and once I saw the identity pop up on the computer, I almost fainted.  It was none other than the captain of the beloved team, Jonathan Toews.  I didn't know what to say, but we heard of the situation that caused the incident in the first place.  

     He was going down the freeway on his way back home from somewhere.  Jonathan's car was then smashed into pieces because of an eighteen wheeler not seeing him as they approached sudden traffic.  The semi-truck was estimated at the time of impact going at a speed of sixty-five miles per hour.  Jonathan's car then smashed into another car, but the semi-truck didn't realized it had struck the car.  As a result, they were still trying to catch the driver of the truck.  

     We almost lost him.  He wasn't breathing when we took the oxygen mask off of him.  Jonathan barely had a pulse, and we thought he was a goner.  I was sent off on a supply run of stitches and gauze to try and stop the many wounds on Jonathan.  When I came back, he was breathing and his heart beat had recovered.  The nurses and some of the doctors started to get other materials, such as a blood transplant and an IV, ready while I stitched and stapled him back together.  

     At my hospital, they normally assign a nurse to stay with the patient until they wake up.  Well, they assigned me to the case to keep an eye on Jonathan Toews until he awakens.  This job also requires me to contact his family and friends to let them know what was going on.  I hated this part, because people don't like hearing that their loved ones might die soon.  I contacted both of his families': actual and the Blackhawks.  They both wanted to make sure that there were constant updates that were given out.  I told them I would do the best I can to keep them in the loop.  

     I went back to Jonathan, and I watched him as I checked his vitals.  If a person didn't know any better, they would have thought that he was sleeping.  It was about four in the morning when he woke up.  

     I started to take his vitals again, and as I started to check his blood pressure, he woke up and asked, "Where am I?"

    I smiled as I started to radio the doctors, as it was my job to let them know that he was alright and awake.  Jonathan started to look around and he stated, "I guess I'm in a hospital.  Wait!  I was in a car crash today!"  

     I reply, "Yes, you were in a car crash yesterday."  

     Jonathan replies to me, "Are you my savior?"

     "Somewhat.  I was one of the many people that helped out," and I started to yawn.  My shift would be over soon, and I wouldn't see him until tonight.  The nurse that replaces me came in to start the morning routine.  

     As I was driving home, the radio just reported the crash and how they caught the semi-truck driver red handed.  It was nine o'clock and I got a call from my workplace.  

     "Hello?"

     "(Y/N), we need you back here now.  Mr. Toews will not listen to anyone but you.  We'll give you overtime, and whatever else you need.  Can you please come back?"

     "Sure.  I'll be back in about an hour.  Also, they caught the truck driver."

     "See you soon, (Y/N)."  

     I stopped at my place for a quick shower and a change in clothes.  On the way back, I got my breakfast and made my way back to work.  When I arrived, they escorted me immediately into Jonathan's room.  

     "Hey, how are you feeling?  Do you need anything?"  

     Jonathan smiled when I walked in and it made me blush a little.  He started out, "Yes.  I don't know if it is the pain medicines or anything, but you are really pretty.  Will you go on a date with me?"  

     I smile at him and said, "Yes.  But, we need you to heal to get back on the ice."  

     Jonathan then said, "I know I'll heal quickly with my savior by my side."  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N- Sorry it's been a while since I updated.  I kinda ran out of inspiration for these one-shots, but I started writing a new book.  It is about the WWE and seven friends rebelling against the Authority and what gets them there in the first place.  If you are interested in that story line, then I highly recommend it.  Hope you guys enjoy this and requests are open!