Chapter VII

I read and re-read my Biology notes over and over again as I have an exam tomorrow. I still don't know half of it yet.

It's November already and we have exams everywhere just before winter holidays. They get all fussy to have our marks before holidays...but I bet nobody really cares if the school has all our marks before December or not. There are many things much more important than meaningless exams that only justify something even the professors don't know. Luckily, this is a Biology exam and I like this subject. It's a pity it is only a couple of hours away... Because I couldn't find the time during the week or during the weekend to study for it.

I had some terrible headaches and the pills are not working as fast as they did before. James came home a couple of times and my parents told me it was really important for me to get some rest. So I did. I came home from school and I rested... Maybe too much because I haven't even read my Biology notes. Now I find myself nervously reading notes I don't quite understand. And I have to read them one more time. Osmosis sounds helpful... It should happen just know with me and what I need to know for this exam. That'd be great.

I eat breakfast... A bowl full of cereal and milk, some orange juice and then mom takes me to school. It's not raining but it is very cold outside. I go straight to Biology class as I skip Physics -all planned beforehand. Seeing Professor Willies would make me feel even worse than I do now.

I'm late, like it's been happening to me for a while; I apologize and I sit down. Other students complete the exam really quickly -almost quicker than normal. They seem all rushed to me. Do they really think what they already know has an expiration date?

The exam was easier than I thought. I wrote down all the answers except one I haven't studied... Something about mitosis. Besides, I even helped Bobby with the exam.

I must admit after Literature assignment, I find him more amusing than before. Same self-esteem problems like any other teenager, with a very tranquil personality opposing to that sport and popular guy stereotype.

It's only the beginning of the week and I meet James in our spot at the cafeteria. A table for two located on one side. It's red... And it has nothing to do with the light-blue on the school walls.

We've been talking with James and we've decided to spend this weekend together. These past days we've been immersed each one in their own activities. James has been studying and working and I was studying too, but resting mostly. So, we have saved this weekend to be together, like we always do.

After that awful event at James' home, I haven't seen his father again. We go to his house only if his father is not there, but it is not the place we prefer to spend our time in. I would hate to see that man once again after how uncomfortable he made me feel that day.

I try not to think about that while I get into my bed to rest. Another day is over. And it's only Monday.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday went by with long mornings and short afternoons and nights. Friday is here and I listen to Professor Lacroix very attentively to be honest. It's been hard for me to be very distracted during this whole year, but it no longer matters. Now it is time for me to learn something. Learn... I really enjoy that. I enjoy learning even more than attending classes.

The bell rings and the day, the week and classes are finally over. I'm exhausted. I walk down the corridor until I reach the place where I will meet James. I hug him and I don't let go. I place my head in his neck as I get my hands inside his coat and I rest myself. This feels so good.

"Hi, little crazy one." James tells me hugging me back and kissing my neck.

Other students do not look at us anymore like they used to do two months ago. I guess it is now normal for them to see James and me together. Luckily. I couldn't put up with them anymore as they only wanted to gossip about my new relationship with James.