The young and dumb years: chapter 24

The rest of the day was so fun. We ended up playing poker I won 7 dollars and lost 2. I didn't win the prize though. It was $20 to Starbucks so not much of a loss. It was wonderful though Louisana enjoyed all the special attention and was sad to leave.
................................................................
Days became weeks. Weeks became months. The wedding was coming soon. 1 week to be exact. My wedding dress was a puffy princess lace dazzled dress and I hated it. The place was beautiful but I didn't want a princess palace.
I had to argue my friends into the wedding. It was nothing I wanted to be part of but I loved Carter right. He's my dream man right.
I found myself in the library writing so I could escape the wedding. Kaitlin and Maddy did their best to help me but still. As I filled my notebook with poems I herd footsteps. They stopped behind me.
"Hey" it was Kyle's voice
"Hey" I said sadly
"Working on an assignment that hasn't been assigned"
"Nah just escaping wedding talk"
"Aren't you leaving tonight for New Mexico"
"No tomorrow night. The plane was booked"
"Is this really how you think a women in love should act before her wedding"
"How do u now what a women in love looks like"
"Cause I met her 4 years ago"
"You met the dumb and in love me"
"She was just as beautiful"
"Kyle this isn't going to work.  just listen to me. I know what your dream is. You want to stay her and be an engineer I'm moving to California to study sharks I'll be on the ocean months at a time. So that just makes it harder for the both of us. I am really sorry but I couldn't  do that. It would literally brakes my heart if I broke yours"
"Sofia I'll never listen to you until u give me a chance"
"I'm getting married Kyle. Just please be my friend. And come with me to New Mexico"
"I'll do whatever you want"
"Want to go for a ride with me as friends"
"Sure"
"Meet me at my car"
I didn't know how to get through to him besides show him that the wedding was really happening. I didn't want to hurt him but he was hurting me. So I grabbed Louisiana. I planned to take her flower girl shopping. Now I understand I couldn't buy her a dress. But I wanted to buy her a bow and a basket with ribbon to tie around her shell.
"So are we going on a date" he asks laughing
"No we are buying Louisiana's flower girl basket" his face saddened
"I'll pass then"
I watch him walk away as I drive away. It had to be done. It had to happen this way so he would understand. Understand that I love him so much I can't be with him. I need to do what's best for him. He deserves someone better. Someone smarter,blonde, cuter, less depressing and someone not me. It was for his own good.