Chapter 44

It's time for Regionals and the proposal!!!!

I was nervous beyond words, every moment that I thought about asking Kurt to marry me, my stomach lurched and I felt like I had to throw up. 

"Happy anniversary babe."

"Happy anniversary to you too. This day is going to rock."

((&&))

"What's wrong honey?" Kurt asked me over breakfast.

"I'm nervous about Regionals, that's all. It's my first with the New Directions and I don't want to mess it up," I smiled. I wasn't lying, I was nervous about that.

"You'll do fine, just like Sectionals. You did awesome then, and you'll do awesome today. Come on let's get ready to go," he smiled, taking my plate from in front of me.

I got up and walked in the bedroom and made sure all tonight's 'goodies' were nice and hid from Kurt's wandering eyes.

"Where is your costume?" I asked.

"In the closet next to yours. The garment bag is hanging next to it," he shouted back. He was in the kitchen washing the breakfast dishes so I had time to get ready.

Half an hour, a teeth brushing, a hair doing, and finding something to wear later I was out the bathroom waiting on Kurt to get ready. It took him fifteen minutes longer than me to get ready. He had to make his hair stick up and over in the perfect spots in front. It's very sexy on him, especially with his highlights.

"Grab out clothes and let's go," he said, kissing me softly.

I grabbed the garment bag and his hand and we were out the door headed to the school to catch the bus to Regionals. This was going to be a long day.

We were last to perform and it wasn't that bad. It seems that New Directions were always last to perform at these things. It made it better because we had a chance to scope out the competition before hand and see and hear how they sound so we could step up our game.

When we got on stage all my nervousness had gone out the window. I was a performer and I was going to perform my little ass off on this stage today.

I sung 'Cough Syrup' Finn and Rachel did 'No Air' and as a group we did 'We Are Young.' The crowd was going wild the whole time we were on stage. The only we had to do now was wait for the results. That is the most nerve raking thing in the world, the anticipation on who was the winner and moving on to Nationals, which are being held in New York this year!

"The 2013 Regional winners are............the New Directions!" the judge said.

We all went wild, even the crowd was going wild. We were going to New York! I couldn't believe we won, no yes I can because we are just that awesome.

Kurt scooped me up in a big bear hug. "Babe, I can't breathe," I said, trying to push myself away from his hold. No such luck. He was holding me so tight and he was crying, it was going to take a miracle for him to let me go.

That miracle came in the form of one Rachel Berry. She grabbed Kurt in a hug, who in turn released me. I gathered a huge gulp of air and held it for a while before I started breathing right again. Damn, for him to be so small, he sure has a tight grip.

"New Directions! New York! New Directions! New York!" We chanted all the way back to bus and back to the school.

I was so proud to be apart of the winning team. I knew I was going to get a 'congratulations' text from 'Bassy' any minute now.

We got back to the school and Kurt and I raced to his car so we could go home and change. I had to figure out a way to get him out the house so I could go pick up the flowers. Well actually I didn't need to.