Chapter 25

I had the pleasure of driving the whole way home. Burt had given Kurt a pain pill before we left so he basically slept the whole way home. Me, on the other hand, had to stop every two hours to buy a coffee and use the restroom. I think this drive home has turned me against coffee for a while. I bought coffee in all different flavors and after the third cup, they all began tasting exactly the same.

I was on a serious caffeine high. I was real jittery and couldn't focus on a single thing, I played with the radio, not listening to a full song the whole ride home except when Teenage Dream came on and I blasted that to full volume. Good thing Kurt didn't wake up when it was blasting in his ears.

He slept like a rock, not moving, no sounds, no nothing. It was oh so adorable. I tried to abide by the speed limit but it was hard to concentrate on 60 when my mind was thinking 100mph.

We got home in under five hours which was really scary. It was a six hour drive and I made it home in four and some minutes. I pulled in the driveway and noticed that Burt, nor Finn's car was there. I grabbed Kurt and felt around for his house keys. Whoa, that's not it! Ha! I finally found them and picked Kurt up like a baby and took him in the house.

I locked the car door and when I opened the house door, the alarm blared and my mind totally went blank. Oh shit what's the alarm code? Um, come on Blaine you know this! Think, think! Oh, yeah! I punched in the numbers and the alarm ceased. I looked at Kurt and he was still sleep. Wow, what did Burt give him?

I ran up the steps to our room, tripping a few times, and place Kurt on the bed. He curled up in the fetal position and startled mumbling something about how beautiful I am and how much he loved me and how he couldn't wait until he was fully healed so he could attack my sexy ass. Kurt was just going on and on, it made me want him. I had to leave the room.

I went downstairs and got a massive glass of water and downed it in like five seconds, so I got another big glass full and drunk that more slowly. I was trying to flush all that caffeine out of my system, it was kind of working but I was still real jittery. Cold shower to calm my nerves!!!

I ran up the stairs, tripping again, and ran in the bathroom and jumped in the shower fully clothed. I made sure I threw my phone on the bed though, because I didn't want to buy a new one. The cold water soaked through my clothes, making them heavy. I dropped them slowly, and they fell to the ground with a huge thud. I hope it didn't wake Kurt, wait, nothing can wake that boy right now.

I stood under the cold water freezing, until my heart rate slowed down back to normal, which took me fifteen minutes. I got out the shower and ran quickly to our room and found some sweatpants and a beater to put on. Once I was dressed, I got in bed next to Kurt and snuggled up next to him.

God, he smelled so good, like cinnamon and chocolate chip cookie dough. I wanted to devour him, but I knew I couldn't and I was crashing. I could feel myself being pulled into the nothingness of sleep. I wrapped my arms around him, in a protective hold and nuzzled my head in the crook of his neck.

"Loosen it up some babe," he whispered.

I loosened my hold and soon after, I fell asleep hoping my hold didn't get tight.

********

When I opened my eyes again, it was dark in the room and outside. Kurt had his good arm wrapped around me and his bad one tucked under us. His left leg dangled across me as if he was holding on to me for dear life.

'Bzz,bzz.'

I rolled over slightly and grabbed my phone. I had a text messages that was sent five hours ago.

Sebastian: Hey secci boy! School starts tomorrow, I can't wait to see you in you Warbler gear :)

He is such a freaking creep. He's going to be upset when he doesn't see me at all tomorrow or Dalton at all.

Me: I won't be there, I have to do something with Kurt

This was not a lie. I did have something to do with Kurt, I had to help him out at school, our school, my new school.

Sebastian: You're putting Lady Face before me?

Dumb question, even dumber move with the name.

Me: Call him that again and you're going to wish you never met me

I put the phone back on the bedside table and rolled back over.

Kurt's breath was low and shallow, I couldn't really see his features, but I knew they were soft. My phone buzzed but I ignored it. I didn't want to argue with Sebastian or even talk to him, I don't even know why I texted him back.

"Kurt, honey," I whispered against his lips.

He brushed his lips against mine and then kissed me, slowly at first and then more passionately.

"What do you want Blaine?" he asked against my lips.

"I just wanted to hear your voice and for you to kiss me. Go back to sleep baby," I said, running my hand through his matted bed hair.

Damn his usually, baby soft hair, was thick and matted to his head. He'd been sweating.

"Mm, okay," he said, already back to sleep.

My phone buzzed again and then a rapid one, a phone call. I rolled over and the caller ID said Sebastian Smythe. I gladly hit the ignore button and rolled back over. Kurt let out a small snore and a little moan. I closed my eyes once more and fell back asleep, this time I hope I didn't wake up until morning.