Chapter 20

After breakfast I didn't want to hang out but I didn't have a choice and Rachel had so many questions.

"Kurt why didn't you tell me?" was he first question.

"I don't know. The first time was just something that wasn't planned but so magical and I really just wanted to keep that special moment between Blaine and I," he smiled at me.

"Awe that is so romantic. Where you at home?" she asked.

"No, it was after my father's funeral, a few days after actually. My mom had dropped me off and on the front door was a note that told me to drop my bag and shoes on the couch, did that then my blazer did that. Long story short I found Kurt in the kitchen and he told me to carry him upstairs to the room and bam, it happened," I smiled remembering that special moment. Our first moment.

"Where was I?" Finn asked.

"With Rachel or with Dad at the shop. I don't know, all I knew was that nobody was home when I woke up and I knew Blaine had been through a whole lot and I couldn't think of anything to say or sing that would express how much I love this boy, so I planned that very romantic and sexual date," he smiled at me.

"And I love it so much," I said, kissing him softly.

"So cute," Rachel gushed.

********

After we left the diner we went sight-seeing through Chicago. We saw the Sears Tower, where they filmed E.R. and we saw some street performers. It was really cool. Then we went out for lunch, which was less awkward because everybody knew our secret.

"Dad, did I tell you Blaine starts school with me next week?" Kurt said, a big smile on his face.

"Yeah, McKinley and Dalton start at the same time," Burt said, nodding his head.

"No Dad, not what I mean," Kurt said, giving Burt his famous death glare look.

"Wait, you mean he's going to McKinley?" Burt asked, looking up at us.

"Yeah, and my mom convinced them to put me in as a senior since I was basically doing junior work as a sophomore at Dalton," I spoke up. I never told Kurt that part.

"We're going to be in the same grade when school starts?" Kurt shrieked.

"Yes, I wanted to surprise you," I smiled.

"Well I'm very surprised," he smiled.

"How are you going to integrate into the New Directions?" Rachel asked.

"I'm going to audition like you did," I said simply.

"Um, I didn't audition, I was kind of forced," Finn said.

"You know what he means," Rachel said, hitting him.

"Is that why you spent so much money on clothes the other day?" Burt asked me.

"Yeah, this will be the first time since eighth grade that I get to wear whatever to school. I literally bought enough clothes that I won't wear the same outfit twice in one semester, probably even the year," I smiled.

"What all did you buy?" Rachel asked.

"You don't want to know," Kurt laughed.

"You can't judge me Kurt. You bought every different color of high and low top Vans," I laughed.

"You did what?" Burt jumped in.

All laughing ceased.

"I bought shoes," Kurt said slowly like he was asking a question.

"Blaine how many?" Burt asked, looking at me.

Damn it!

"Um, at least thirty, but we're going to split them," I quickly added.

"Did you split the price?" Burt was pissed and I couldn't understand why.

"No, I paid for them myself. Dad what's the big deal?" Kurt asked, a hint of an attitude in his voice.

"You are over spending. I got a bill last month for damn near a thousand dollars for a hotel room that I have no clue about," Burt was almost yelling.

"I took Blaine to Indianapolis for a week," Kurt snapped.

"You didn't ask."

"I didn't think I had too. I'm 18 Dad, and you weren't home for me to ask.'"

"You're 18 and living under my roof so you still have to ask for permission to take your boyfriend out of town." Whoa, Burt said the 'b' word. As long as Kurt and I've been together and as much as I've been around, Burt has never referred to me as Kurt's 'boyfriend.' This was serious.

"Burt, honey calm down. Kurt, sweetie, what your father is trying to say is that you have been spending a lot of money and he, well we, think you should get a job to pay it back," Carole said.

Kurt gasped like he had just seen a ghost wearing strips with checkers.

"Get a job? Like working somewhere for and having people tell me what to do? And wear polyester clothes?" Kurt was hurt.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, you have a job already at the Lima Bean. You start next week," Burt said softly.

Kurt damn neared fainted when he said that.

This was a bad conversation and I just felt so bad for Kurt. Maybe I could cheer him up when we got back to the hotel room.