Chapter 28

It was time for Sectionals for McKinley and we couldn't be more happy.

I couldn't be more happy at the fact that these pass few months had been drama free, the only drama was done through text messages which could be easily ignored.

"Okay New Directions, Sectionals are this weekend and we need to finalize our set-list!" Mr. Schu said, coming into the room with a handful of sheet music.

"Finn and I are doing a ballet!" Rachel said walking to the front.

"I was thinking just you Rachel," Mr. Schu said.

"I'm fine with that," she smiled.

"I was thinking, 'How Will I Know' by Mrs. Whitney Houston," Mr. Schu said.

Rachel's face lit up so bright. "Yes!"

"Okay, any ideas for our other songs?" he asked.

"I want to do 'Rumor Has It' by Adele," Santana said.

"Song number two," Mr. Schu yelled with a smile.

"Let's do our show stopper. 'Don't Stop Believing'!" Finn said.

"Sectionals won't know what hit them!"

"Yeah!"

*****

"Well, well look what we have here. If it isn't Lady Gay Face and boy toy," Karofsky said behind us. Kurt and i were leaving school after glee club, minding our own business.

There were people everywhere, but none stopped at the comment.

"Shit," I said under my breath. We slowly turned around and I quickly grabbed Kurt's hand as if that was going to protect him from whatever Karofsky was going to throw at us.

"What do you want Dave?" Kurt asked, attitude all up in his voice.

"I told you this shit wasn't over," Dave said stepping towards us. We backed up.

"And I told you to leave us alone. Dave I don't understand why you want to beat on us because we're open about being gay. It's nothing to be ash-"

He cut me off with a right hook to my jaw. I stumbled back, but Kurt caught me. I stood back up and wiped the blood off my mouth with the back of my hand. Now everybody stopped and watched.

"You gay bitch!" I was over all the abuse and I just started hitting Dave like he was a punching bag. I didn't care who saw, or how I was being perceived but that I was defending the honor of my boyfriend and it felt so good.

Dave tried to fight back but because I'm smaller than he is, I'm faster than he is. I moved swiftly, dodging all his blows but being able to land all of mine. That was until Kurt grabbed me by my shirt and literally dragged me and my bag towards his Navigator. "This shit ain't over bitch. Everyday I see you, this is what you get, I suggest you transfer to an all boys school where you can find a fucking boyfriend Dave Karofsky and stop trying to take mine!" I shouted and people started murmuring  amongst themselves.

"Yes, I said it Dave Karofsky, wants my boyfriend for himself, but guess what David. Kurt Hummel is my boyfriend not yours!" I yelled even though my jaw hurt like hell.

I wasn't into outing people, but I was just so angry that it just came out. Now I was afraid of what people were going to do with this information or what Dave was going to do now that almost the whole school knows.

Kurt continued dragging me out not saying a word and when we got to his Navigator he picked me up and threw me in the backseat. He didn't say a word to me as he threw my bag at me and jumped in the front seat and drove off towards the house. I was really scared that he wasn't speaking to me.

"What the hell were you thinking Blaine?" he said looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"What are you talking about? I kicked his ass and spoke the truth, he needs to stop hiding who he really is!" I was getting mad now and now I really see what was wrong with Kurt.

"That's not what we do Blaine! You of all people should know how it feels to be outed when you're not ready!" he was yelling at me and if it wasn't a very heated discussion it would be a major turn on.

"I understand that but Kurt I refuse to keep letting him rule our lives at school! I am so tired of looking over my shoulder afraid he was going to attack us! I did this for us!" I said, climbing into the front seat next to him.

"I get that, babe I do. But you shouldn't have done that. You are going to apologize to him first thing tomorrow. We are going to get up and go to his house," Kurt said in a stern voice. I shot Kurt a look that said 'are you fucking serious right now? I'm not apologizing to that Neanderthal.'

"Don't give me that look, if you don't you gone be lonely this weekend," he smirked.

"Damn it! Okay, fine," I gave in.

We drove the rest of the way home in a more peaceful silence, but something told me that this argument was far from over.

******

"Wake up and get dressed," Kurt said, pushing me out the bed.

I hit the bed with a big thud.

"What the hell babe?" I asked looking at him over the edge of the bed.

"Get dressed," he said, throwing a pair of sweatpants at me.

"I haven't showered yet," I yawned, getting up off the floor and falling back on the bed.

"Put the pants on and come on right now. I haven't showered yet either but we're coming back home," he said through a yawn.

I sighed but I got up and put the sweatpants on. "Can I at least brush my teeth?" I asked, sliding on my flip flops.

"Yes you may and comb your hair," he said smacking my butt as I walked pass him.

One teeth brushing and vigorous hair combing later (no gel it was too early) later I was ready to go.

"No gel?" Kurt asked, raising an eyebrow.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the time and almost yelled at Kurt. "It is 7:45 in the morning. I have nowhere important to go until tonight, so no, no gel right now," I said pulling him out the door.

He laughed as I pulled him down the steps and towards his car. Oddly, he looks very sexy in sweatpants and a beater. His hair was kind of like mine, really curly, and super sexy.

"If it was not extra early and nobody was home I would take you right now," I said as we got in the car.

"I know you would honey," he said, running his hand through my hair.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes as we drove off to God-knows where.

"Oh my God," I heard Kurt gasped, but I thought it was a dream. "Blaine open your eyes, something is wrong."

He started shaking me and my eyes slowly began to open and get clear. When I was able to see, there were red, white, and blue flashing lights everywhere, Police cars and an ambulance were in front of somebody's house.

"Where are we?" I asked, when I was fully awake.

"Dave's house, they're at Dave's house," he said pointing to a house where two EMT's where going in with a stretcher. He put the car in park and we both jumped out and ran to the nearest by-stander.

"Excuse me, what's going on?" Kurt asked.

"Paul just found David hanging in his room! He hung himself!" the lady said.

I looked at Kurt and my heart dropped to my feet. I feel responsible for this.

David Karofsky hung himself! :(