Chapter 9 ~ Black and blue

Oliver's POV
The sun once again shone through the gap in the curtains that I had tiredly closed last night, the room lit up and my eyes fluttered open. It was nice that for a split second, when I opened my eyes, that everything in the world seemed perfect and peaceful. However as I readjusted myself to the world the memories of last night filled my mind. How did it go from having an amazing night to a car crash? It was beyond me and I only seemed to get more frustrated every time I thought about it. In the end I gave up and walked into the en suite to have a nice hot shower. Half an hour later I was washed, dressed and ready to face the people who weren't happy with me which just so happened to be everyone; excluding Marnie. I looked down the stairs and followed the enticing smell to the kitchen where I knew Veronica would be making the breakfast. It was different to yesterday morning, completely different. There was no radio playing loudly, she was not dancing to the music whilst cooking, her long blonde hair was not piled into a messy bun, instead it hung loose down her back and there was no long t shirt either, I found her in today's attire. I looked at the table noticing there was five knives and forks laid out on the table so I knew she couldn't be that mad at me.

I felt people enter the kitchen from behind me and yet still no one said a word, they took a seat and waited patiently. Even Marnie, who from my experience, never stopped talking. V put the food on the plates and handed it round to everyone before taking a seat herself. The silence was deafening and the only thing that occasionally disturbed it was the sound of cutlery hitting the plates. I could see Marnie stealing glances at Josh whenever he wasn't looking and you could see that she was frowning. Josh's face had clearly became worse over night. His bruises were a deep black and purple colour that looked painful to look at, the cuts on his face weren't  too bad but they weren't exactly great either. His lip was bust and swollen. I looked down at my own hand and opened and closed it, staring at the few cuts that scattered it. Before I knew it breakfast was over but I guess it seemed quick because it was, no one exactly wanted to be here especially all sat in a room together.

Veronica's POV
"Dad did." Ashley said and I spun around to look at him, surely it couldn't be true? But it was, I gazed down at his hand and noticed the skin had been broken across his knuckles and red marks covered them too. I felt the anger boil inside me, how could he have been so stupid as to think hitting him would have changed the situation. I grimaced at Josh's face and my heart dropped at the sight of him too, I'd be lying if at first I hadn't wondered if Oliver had done this. What was I supposed to think, all I knew for a fact was that he had hit Josh already but I pushed the thought out of my mind, I knew really he wasn't like that. I sent Oliver out the room, he certainly wasn't helping the situation and I could do without anymore damage being caused. I quickly ran some hot water and got the essentials for clearing up wounds, walking back into the room where Josh was he looked at me skeptically but I ignored it and instead knelt down on the floor I front of him. Just as I was about to clear the blood of his face he looked at me once again and mumbled "You love him." My body froze and for some reason I started to panic, my heart raced and thousand questions going through my mind. What did he mean? My eyes pierced into his trying to discover the answers but the only answer that I got was that he was very drunk. I doubt he even remembered what he asked me, ignored the question and tried to make his face look a little better but it wasn't happening at all, whoever did this to him wasn't messing about. I packed everything up and went to put it away but before I could get out the door he called my name, I turned around and he steadied himself from falling off the seat. "Thank you, you're very beautiful." He slurred and my cheeks lightly glowed, I hated feeling happy when he said these types of things. I could be so angry at him but yet he'd give me a simple compliment and I'd allow myself to succumb to him, I don't know whether that says more about him or more about me. After disposing of everything I had used to lean up Josh I did by best to help him up the stairs which wasn't exactly easy and took way more time than I would care to admit. Even though he tried to be sweet it wasn't helping his case as I was still fuming over the way he had been acting the past few days so I put him in one of the spare rooms, I certainly did not want him lying next to me tonight. Josh tried to convince me to changing my mind but I wasn't having any of it and eventually he gave up, he knew how I was when I made up my mind so it was the best decision he's made all night. After changing his clothes and throwing the bloodied top in the wash pile I quickly checked on Marnie and climbed into my own bed for the night before letting sleep consume me entirely.
-----------------------------
Breakfast was awkward to put it nicely, no one spoke and I don't know if I was ungrateful or thankful for it. When everyone had finished eating they left the room, to do their own thing and I put the dishes on the side for the maids to sort out. I sat at the kitchen table with my head in my hands until a voice disturbed me and my thoughts. I looked up at Josh's black and blue face and he smiled slightly at me but I couldn't bring myself to do the same. He pulled the chair out from opposite me and sat down "I wanted to talk to you about something." He declared and I raised my eyebrow, encouraging him to go on while taking a sip of my tea. "The thing is..." He began but stopped himself, it looked like he was trying to find the words "Well, what I wanted to say is... I erm well." Josh paused again and scratched his neck, I started to become agitated and rather quickly. "Spit it out Josh, say what you need to." I replied and he nodded his head.
"I want Oliver to leave."