Love with the Perfect Neighbor(8)

Please read the note at the end!

_________________________________________________________

Recap:

Reggie's POV

"Well, I'm not the only one who could tell." Her eyes snapped back up to me. They were filled with anger this time.

"I would never," she said in a venomous tone.

"Neither would I," I said simply before flipping my hair over my head and sauntering back to my house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 8

As soon as I walked pushed my door closed I leaned against my door and shut my eyes. I slid down against the door and collapsed on the floor. Memories of That Night flooded into my mind. It caused my eyes to fill with tears. My chest felt heavy as I tried to breathe. I wrapped my arms around my torso in a pitiful attempt to hold myself together. My mind was filled with a time that wasn't that long ago, but felt like more than a lifetime ago. A time when me and Clarissa were actually friends.

"Reggie, is that you?" My mom called from upstairs. I pushed the horrible memories out of my mind and stood up from the ground.

"Yeah mom it's me!" I called up the stairs trying to keep my voice from shaking.

"Okay," she answered. I wiped the tears from my eyes, before I walked into the kitchen. My brother was sitting at the counter eating cereal.

"Hi," Jake said in between spoonfuls.

"Hey," even I could tell my voice was really flat.

"What's your problem?"

"Nothing," I muttered.

"Yeah well Brianna's coming over, so if you could disappear that would be great." I rolled my eyes. Of course Jake needed alone time with his girlfriend.

"Nah I think I'll stick around. You know, hang out with you two crazy kids."

"C'mon Reggie, just leave." He said groaning.

"Okay just stop whining. You sound like a girl."

I went into the mud room and kicked off my shoes. Before I walked back towards the stairs. Jake was washing out his cereal bowl like a good kid. Sometimes he really made me sick. It's not we hated each other or anything. I mean we weren't extremely close or anything. We fought like normal siblings, but at the end of the day we knew we loved each other. Of course he was the favorite though, and it was kind of sickening the way he was always bending over backwards to please mom. I couldn't hate him for that though. Because I knew that if I was his position I would do the same.

The doorbell rang as I headed to the stairs. I was a lot closer than Jake, so I answered it. There was Brianna standing in all her perfect glory. If she wasn't so nice I would probably hate her. She was petite and very blonde. When her and Jake stood next to each other they looked like the winner's of a genetic lottery. Of course they were both extremely smart too. Brianna was captain of the cheerleading squad, an active member of the student council, and head of the student activities committee. Naturally. Of course they'd been together since there freshman year. They were the perfect couple.

"Hey Reggie!" she said as she smile sweetly. "Is Jake here?"

"Yeah," I said, "He's in the kitchen." I nodded my head towards the kitchen even though she knew where it was. She smiled at me sweetly before heading towards the kitchen. I didn't want to sit around listening to them arguing over who was cuter, so I headed upstairs. I didn't feel like being alone, so I went into my mom's room. I didn't bother knocking before I walked through. My mom was sitting at her computer with her glasses on. She looked like she was concentrating very hard on something. I flopped down on her bed.

"Hello Reggie," she said sounding tired and annoyed.

"Hi mom," I said. I proped my head up on my elbows. "What are you doing? Research, reading, are you writing a dirty romance novel?" I said with a gasp. My mother sighed.

"I'm busy Reggie. Don't you have to annoy some one else now?"

"No. I opened up my entire schedule for you. Don't you want to spend time with me mommy?"

"Cute hun, real cute."

"Why thank you Alison." My mom sighed dramatically before turning around to face me.

"What exactly do you want Reggie?" I sat up.

"Nothing!" I snapped. "Just the pleasure of your company. Is that too much to ask?" My mother snorted loudly.

"I think the last time you wanted to spend time with me you were five."

"Yeah and even then you waved me away." I muttered. Then I saw something in her eyes. I'm not sure if it was regret or pain. It passed quickly though.

"If you wanted to spend time with me all you had to do was ask." she said cooly before smoothing her hand over her head. She did this whenever she got nervous.

"Oh please, like you ever wanted to spend time with me." I said accusingly.

"How was I supposed to know what you wanted?" she snapped back.

"Your my mother. Why wouldn't I have wanted to spend time with you?" A look of shock crossed her face. Then she put the mask back on.

"I'm not a mind reader Reggie!"

"Well you could have tried asking." I said before pushing myself off the bed and walking out of the room. I heard her muttering something that sounded like "I'm sorry", but I'll never be sure.

I walked straight into my room. I was so angry. Being with my mom just infuriated me. The way she acted as if this was all my fault. As if the fact that our relationship sucked was all my fault. It's not that I blame it all on her, I played my part in this as well. I just wish she could stop blaming me. As I paced back and forth I just became more infuriated. I wanted to forget all of today. So I picked up my phone. I dialed a familiar number.

"Hey, it's me." I said. "Want to go out tonight?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

A little cliffhanger for you!

Who do you think she called?

I'm sorry there is no Reggie/Chris in here. The scene between her and her mom is vital though.

I promise there will be more of them in the next chapter! Wink wink ;)

Next chapter is gonna be really big so stay tuned!

Please vote and comment!

Thank you so much!