Love with the Perfect Neighbor(7)

Please read my note at the end!

___________________________________________________________

Recap:

Chris' *POV*

"I'm serious." I said. "They're gorgeous." I was serious. I brushed her hair back a litle and started to lean in. She followed. Our lips were about to meet when my door burst open.

"Oh. My. God."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 7

Reggie's *POV*

I pulled back from Chris, completely startled. There at his bedroom door was Clarissa Adams. And she was seething. Her nostrols were flared and her face was red. In her arms was a big Welcome basket. Her eyes bore into mine. I felt a smirk spread across my lips and I crossed my arms under my chest.

"Clarissa?" Chris's asked. His voice was a bit shakey. "What are you doing here?" Clarissa finally broke eye contact with my to look at Chris. Her face softened a bit.

"I just came by to give you your Welcome Basket." She said innocently offering him the basket.

"That was sweet of you, but how'd you get in here?'' The skepticism was clear in Chris' voice. He hesitantly took the basket and set it on his desk.

"Oh I knocked and rang the doorbell, but nobody answered. It seems you were busy." She looked at me accusingly before she continued. "The door was open so I just let myself in."

"Mmhhhmm... And uh, how did you know where my room is?"

"Well it's Jessie's old room." Clarissa said in a distant voice. My stomach clenched at the mention of Jessie's name.

"Would Jessie be the girl who died in the car crash?" Chris asked. Clarissa whipped her head around to stare at me with wide eyes.

"You told him?!" She hissed, but the terror in her voice was clear. Way to play it cool. I nodded slowly.

"Yeah I told him he's sleeping in a haunted room." I said in a joking manor trying to keep it light. "He was a little worried she acually dies here, but I told him it was just a car crash." Clarissa's tensed shoulders relaxed.

"Yeah it was really tragic." Clarissa said cooly.

"I bet," Chris said. "So, do you want to hang out with us or something?" He asked and suddenly we were back in the game.

"Sure," she practically purred with a flirty smile. I almost gagged.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked propping myself up on my hands.

"We can play board games," Chris offered. I snorted and then realized he was serious.

"I love games," Clarissa pipped in smirking back at me before turning back to Chris, but he was looking past her and back to me.

"Reggie?" He questioned.

"Sure," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Okay then. We have Chutes and Latters, Candyland, Life, Monoply-"

"Anything not made by Milton Bradely?" I questioned.

"I got Scrabble?"

"Oh yeah," Clarissa did a small victory clap. "I'm great at Scrabble."

"Scrabble it is then," Chris declared. He smiled a secret smile with her. One of those smiles people share where you feel like your intrudung if you watch. It made me pissed. Here I was getting ahead of her and she was stealing my thunder. But I sucked it up and spread a smile across my face. I wouldn't give either of them the satissaction of thinking I was jealous because I wasn't.

For the next two hours we played Scrabble. Clarissa won three times in a row. Not that I put much effort into it. Most of the time I was just using dirty words that usually earned a laugh from Chris and a gasp from Clarissa.

"Yeah I won again." Clarissa said after the last game.

"Enjoy it now because it won't last very long." I whispered under my breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," I smiled sweetly at her. "I better get going though." I yawned. I was tired and hungry. As much as it was suicide in the game for me to leave the two of them alone, staying here wouldn't do much good either.

"Are you sure?" Chris asked. For a minute there it was like he really wanted me to stay. Maybe I was just overly tired.

"Yeah I have to go eat dinner with my family." I got up to leave,

"I have to go too." Clarissa said quickly standing up next to me. I looked at her confused. Why was she giving up a golden opportunity? "Come on Reggie, I'll walk you out." I just shrugged. Then she gripped my wrist and pulled me out of Chris' room. Normally I would have told her to stop, but I was just too tired. I let her pull me down the stairs and out the front door. I let her pull me over to her car where she stopped.

"So you didn't tell him the truth?" She asked desperately. I knitted my eyebrows in confusion until I understood.

"I made a promise," I said softly.

"I know you did," she looked me staight in the eye. "I'm just surprised you kept it." She lowered her gaze.

"Well, I'm not the only one who could tell." Her eyes snapped back up to me. They were filled with anger this time.

"I would never," she said in a venomous tone.

"Neither would I," I said simply before flipping my hair over my head and sauntering back to my house.

________________________________________________

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think's going on between the two of them?

It's a big secret.

Shhh....Don't tell, or else.

Okay so please vote and comment people.

It's really appreciated.

Thank you all!