FTNCT |Chapter 19|

Začať od začiatku

Sighing, I walked to where his car was as he rolled down the window. "Want a lift?"

I wasn't particularly thrilled with the fact that I would be getting a ride from my best friends boyfriend, whom I didn't like much but I didn't really have much of a choice. Mom had to go to work earlier than usually which left me and Justin to walk in this blasted temperature. I looked at my numb fingers and back to his car which looked pretty warm. My mind was made up. I opened the door and sat down. Heat pooled through my body as the heating warmed every part.

"Thanks."

He nodded and turned on the radio. The news started playing and he left in on. After sitting for a few moments I turned to him "the news, really?"

He shrugged. "I like to be updated about current events."

I snorted and switched the radio to a channel that was playing counting stars. I couldn't help myself but I started singing along to the tune.

"So no more counting dollars, we'll be counting stars."

"Can you stop singing?" Dillon asked pointedly.

"Can you stop being so annoying?" I replied.

"What did I ever do to you?"

"What did you ever do to me?" My voice was shaking with slight anger. "Your always with Sophia and I barely get any time to hang out with her anymore."

"Not my problem. You should work it out with her."

"Oh I well. By the way, don't you dare plan anything for tomorrow! She's going to be spending the day with me and Scarlett in a girls only day. Boys are strictly prohibited."

"Gees what crawled up your ass?"

I sighed. "Nothing until I saw you."

"Wow, I do ignite a fire inside of you. Don't I?"

"Stop being so cocky, actually wait. Stop doing the thing the makes sounds come out of your mouth."

"Speak?"

"Yes."

He laughed. "That's actually a pretty good one."

I smiled smugly. "I know."

"Are you sure you're not bipolar?" He asked.

I glared at him.

"You just proved my point." He replied with a smirk.

-----------------------------------

We heard a knock and a head popped its way through the door. "Dinner is going to be ready in about five minutes so come downstairs."

Scarlett threw a pillow at the door. "Get out Zeke."

He closed the door but not before we heard him grumbling.

"I know your still outside." Scarlett shouted.

"I'm leaving." He hollered back with his exaggerated footsteps echoing away.

"So he's still not back in university?" Sophia asked while typing away on her phone. I was 99.999% sure she was texting Dillon.

Way to have a girl's night out.

"No. Mom was really pissed when she found out. Started yelling about the thousands of dollars he had wasted. My Dad was the one who calmed her down and let him explain. Apparently he's had a change of heart. He wants to start his own business."

"What business?"

Scarlett shrugged her shoulders. "I really don't know. He's saving up though but still returning to university in the fall. That was the co-promise that him and Mom made."