FTNCT |Chapter 4|

Dedicated to Drakkarnoir for her amazing comments on the previous chapters:) P.S Here is the Soccer Chapter;) Picture above is of Devin

"We don't devote enough scientific research to find a cure for jerks." ~Bill Watterson

For the next week Scarlett drilled us hard. She had meant what she said. Every day after school, she would invite herself over to my house and drag an annoyed Sophia along with her. She would make us do suicides in my backyard in addition to doing sit ups and pushups. Then finally, she would call Justin and make me and Sof go against her and Justin. At the end of the week I was exhausted but felt more into shape although I would never admit it to Scarlett. Today was the day of the tryouts and we would finally learn if our hard work paid off.

"Are you nervous?" Scarlett questioned.

"No, we're like the only girls trying out for a guy's team not to mention it's the first time I'm playing in front of a crowd since middle school!" I tried to reply sarcastically but it turned out more nervous.

"Take a deep breath; it will help loosen up your tense muscles. There's nothing to worry about. We get in its good if we don't its good as well." She said shooting me a confident smile.

"Alana and Scarlett are you in here?" A voice called out.

"Yeah we are." I said.

Sophia appeared in the dressing room. "Good luck to you both! I don't like soccer but I'm going to cheer you on as w..ell t..he re...st of the.. s...chool."

"What are you mumbling about?" Scarlett asked curiously.

She took a deep breath. "The whole school is watching the tryout. The bleachers are filled not a single spot left."

My stomached tightened as the words left her mouth. I had known soccer was a big part of Elias High School as much as hockey was to Canada, but not enough to bring the whole school! Scarlett noticing my panicked face came in front of me.

"Ally, it will be okay. Just ignore everyone and keep your head in the game."

I nodded in response. I tied my cleats and pulled my hair into a pony tail. It was no use being nervous. I turned towards Sophia "thanks for the heads up."

With that as my final word I stepped out of the locker room towards the field where I could already see many people there. One person in particular stood out. With his raven hair I could tell immediately tell form a distance that it was him. Devin. Fingers clenched I stood in front of him.

"What are you doing here?"

He smirked at me. The nerve of him! "Good to see you too sweetheart."

I cringed in disgust. "I asked you a question. Answer it." I was vaguely aware of Sophia and Scarlett coming behind me. The both stopped in shock when they saw Devin ahead of them. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Scarlett gripping onto Sophia's arm in a protective way.

"Well it looks like the nun is here as well." Devin said the stupid smirk never leaving his face.

The rest of the boys were looking at us weirdly. "Why are you here?" Scarlett whispered.

"Well if you must know, Coach Aaron asked me to help him out with tryouts."

"You can't be serious!" I cried in outrage.

"Well he is." A voice said from behind which I recognized as Coach Aaron's. "He was a superstar player and I'm sure he'll make it much easier for me to decide who's a wimp out of all these so called players."

"But..." I trailed off.

"No but. The only but is going to be yours on the soccer field." Coach said in a firm voice. Blowing his whistle the other players hustled around him and Sophia made her way to the bleachers looking extremely worried. I'd see if she was fine afterwards.