Chapter 1

" Abby! Wake up! Abby! Wake up!"

"What" I tiredly groaned and glared at my boss Sam who was now stepping away from my side to give me room to stretch my arms.

"We have a meeting in 10 minutes. I tried to call and text you but you didn't answer so I came down. Are you okay? You look like you haven't slept in a week."

"Ya I'm fine I'm just a bit tired nothing to be concerned about." I gave him a eye roll to his sudden concern in my health. "I'll be ready in a minute just let me get my things and I'll meet you up in the conference room."

"Abby I've known you my whole life, your like my best friend, and we even dated for a while, I know when you need a break."

"No really I'm fine let me get some of my..."

"I'll give 2 weeks vacation all paid for even the tickets anywhere in the world just go and relax please."

"Fine!" I grabbed my stuff slowly still trying to wake up from my nap and left my big corner office  slamming the door behind making people look up from their cubicles in the large room outside of my office.  I walked  to the elevator and pushed the "G" button symbolizing the word garage to go down to my car.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I opened the door to a huge wave of barking  from my dog Auggie who jumped up on me. I quickly pushed him down saying "No!" in a deep clear voice telling him I was boss. I went to my room to pack my suitcase with clothes, toiletries, makeup, swimwear, and anything else I could find.

After I was done packing I plopped on my couch and texted Sam.

TO SAM- London please.

He quickly texted back saying.

TO ABBY- No problem I will text you in a minute with your tickets.

I smiled and put my phone down on the coffee table laid back on the couch and fell into a heavy slumber.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I woke up to my phone buzzing non-stop. I looked down to see 15 text from Sam asking if I was dead because I didn't respond. I opened up my text messages and sent him a text saying.

TO SAM- I'm not dead what do you want?

TO ABBY- oh sorry I can't text you your ticket come by the office at 10 tomorrow and pick up the ticket and company credit card. See you in the morning goodnight.

TO SAM- Thank you again I'll see you tomorrow and goodnight.