Chapter 5

A/N: I am so very sorry it took me forever to update, you can hunt me down if you want!! This is a filler chapter! Song: Innocent by Taylor Swift

Please enjoy!! :)

Chapter 5

"Zayn?"

Zayn stopped and froze, he didn't do anything because he was afraid of turning around.

"Zayn, are you ok?" Niall asked and Zayn felt even more nervous. He finally turned around and found himself getting lost in Niall's blue eyes.

"I-I'm fine! What are you doing here?" He asked trying not to be awkward.

"I was visiting the kids!" Niall said and Zayn couldn't help but notice the adoration in Niall's voice.

"You have relatives here?" Zayn asked

"Oh no, I just like to visit them, read bedtime stories to them and make them laugh, make them forget for a little while!" Niall said glancing over at the little boy who was waiting for him holding the book Niall was reading to him.

Zayn smiled "You really like kids don't you!?"

"I love them! Why are you here for?" Niall asked and Zayn remembered he had to go back to his mother.

"Uh, I got back home from work and found my little sister on the floor unconscious and with a broken arm!" Zayn answered shuddering at the thought of her sister's arm.

"I'm sorry, is she okay?" Niall asked worry showing on his perfect features.

"I don't know yet, I should go back!" Zayn said needing to go back but not really wanting to.

"Oh, o-okay! I hope she gets better!" Niall said smiling making Zayn go weak on the knees "yeah, I'll see you tomorrow at school. Bye Zayn!"

"Yeah, bye!" Zayn said and watched as Niall walked back to the kid who started laughing begging Niall to stop tickling him.

Zayn walked back to his mum and sister, as soon as he entered the waiting room a doctor came out heading towards his mum and Zayn walked faster to listen to what the doctor had to say.

"Saffa Malik?" The doctor asked and Zayn's mum ran straight to him.

"I'm her mother! How is she?"

"She has a broken arm and she's lucky she doesn't have a concussion, from what I could tell she hit her head pretty hard!" The doctor explained.

"Oh thank God!" Trisha said.

"Can we see her? Please?" Waliyha asked with pleading eyes

"Yes but only one person at a time, well you both can go together!" The doctor said pointing to the two women.

"I'll wait for you guys here!" Zayn said and plopped down in the uncomfortable hospital chair, after waiting for a few minutes, which felt like an eternity to Zayn his mum and his sister came back with a smile on their faces making Zayn smile instantly.

"She wants to see you honey! His mum said

Zayn started walking but stopped and turned around "What room is she in?" Zayn asked.

"Room 121" his mum said laughing at her son's antics.

Zayn walked down the corridor until he got to room 121, he could see Saffa through the side window looking around with a bored expression.

"Hi princess!!" Zayn said and Saffa's face immediately brightened at the sight of her older brother.

"Hi Zaynie!" Saffa said reaching for Zayn with her good arm.

"How're you feeling princess?" Zayn said grabbing her hand and sitting in a chair next to her bed.

"My arm hurts and my head too!" She whined

"I know, but it'll go away pretty soon!" Zayn cooed

"Zaynie?"

"Yes princess?"

"When do I get to go home, I don't want to be here anymore!" Saffa said looking at Zayn with puppy eyes.

"I know princess, you have to stay here a few more hours and then we get to go home, ok?" Zayn said brushing Saffa's hair out of her face, she leaned in to his touch.

"I"m sleepy, can you sing for me like you always do!" Saffa asked, her eyes half closed.

"Anything for my princess!" Zayn said and started singing.

I guess you really did it this time

Left yourself in your war path

Lost your balance on a tight rope

Lost your mind tryin' to get it back

Wasn't it easier in your lunch box days?

Always a bigger bed to crawl into

Wasn't it beautiful when you believed in everything?

And everybody believed in you?

Zayn looked up to see that his little sister had already fallen asleep and smiled sweetly, he put his head down on the bed, slowly closing his eyes.

~*~

Niall was waling through the hospital corridors keeping an eye out for Zayn, he had to go through the emergency waiting area to get to his car. He kept looking through the windows into the rooms when he stopped at a sight that made his heart swell.

Zayn sitting next to a little girl, who Niall assumed was his little sister, he was singing to her while running his fingers through her hair in a soothing way. He smiled looking one last time at Zayn and left the hospital.

When he got home it was already midnight, he was glad the hospital had let him see the children this late. Niall had always liked kids and it broke his heart to see the sad looks on their faces whenever he visited, he tries to make them laugh no matter how long it took.  

After brushing his teeth, he went to bed. As he was falling asleep, he couldn't stop thinking about Zayn, how adorable he looked singing to his sister.

'Zayn's gonna be a great dad' Niall thought before falling asleep.

______________________________________________________

Please don't forget to comment, follow and vote!! :)

Jenn <3>