Wounded- Chapter Fifteen

Start from the beginning

"Hello, my name is Sadie. May I take your--oh my God, you're Jafar Ibrahim!"

Jafar hesitantly looked up from our moment, but never leaving my hand bare from his.

"Indeed I am."

Sadie waved her hand in front of her mouth while squealing, alerting some of the other customers while she's at it.

"This is like a dream come true! I wanted so badly to see you perform, and then I was going to book tickets for your next show but you went on vacation to see your family, but I didn't know where, now I know! Oh God, can you please give me a autograph?!"

Me along with everyone in the restaurant stared at her with wide eyes. She was practically bouncing up and down as she awaited for Jafar's reply. I thought it would take him a moment to comprehend all of that as I had to, but no. Jafar is scribbling down his name on a napkin she gave him.

"Here you go, Sadie," He smiled. "Now if you don't mind, can we order."

Sadie frantically nodded again and pulled out her notepad.

"Whenever you're ready."

-*-

She. Won't. Stop. Staring.

It's been a little over an hour since we arrived, had our dinner and now dessert, but Sadie has been leaning on the wall by the kitchen, staring at Jafar like he's her lost love. Jafar is completely oblivious to the situation because she's behind him, but lucky me. I have a front row view.

"Ayah, don't you like your cake?"

Ignoring Jafar, I somehow got in a glaring contest with Sadie. She went from the psycho looking crazy fan, to the now creepy fan. Her eyes are now locked with mine as we have our own fight with our eyeballs.

From the corner of my eye, I can see Jafar studying my eyes before turning around to gawk at Sadie, who has not given up yet. My eyes are now starting to hurt, but this is a battle that I'm not sure why I have to win.

"We can leave, y'know?"

I shook my head out of my trance and turned to Jafar.

"What?"

"We can leave," He repeated, and nodded in the direction of Sadie. "If you're uncomfortable by the girl staring daggers at us, let's just leave."

I looked back at Sadie to see she hasn't moved yet.

"Yeah, that's probably best. I guess you have to call her back over here."

Jafar laughed before motioning towards someone to come over. Soon a guy with a manager name tag came over to get the money.

And I couldn't be more grateful.

-*-

Ice cream is really one of the best creations ever made, especially chocolate. It tastes better than anything I've ever tasted. I remember being fascinated with the flavor when I was younger. Anything that was chocolate and a good couple feet from my reach, I had to take it. Safeer even joked about me turning into a giant chocolate chip if I didn't stop.

"This is delicious. If I could eat this all the time, I would."

Jafar chuckled lightly while spooning another scoop of his green apple bubble gum. To a lot of people, one being me, the flavor sounds nasty but it's actually delicious. I would have gotten it, but I couldn't leave chocolate alone like that. That's cruel to the ice cream and my taste buds.