Leaving

Dan

I had to find Phil this was all my fault, he wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for me. I grabbed my coat and ran outside i looked both ways down the street i spotted someone with black hair being pulled along by two men. I ran in their direction pushing through the crowded streets. They were always a few steps ahead and i was never going to catch them i just had to follow them to where ever they were going.

Finally after about an hour of following them they stopped in an abandoned warehouse. I walked round to see if there was a back entrance, there was so i went in that way to keep out of sight.

The warehouse was massive. There was a chair in the middle of the large room which Phil was tied to. Two large men stood in front of him. I didn't know the men and i didn't know what they wanted with Phil.

'Please i've done what you asked now let me go.' I heard phil pleading. But what, what had he done? How did he know these men?
'Yes you said but we wont know yet. We have to wait for confirmation before we let you go. Besides we know you have feelings for him if we let you go now you might try and stop it.'
Stop what? What were these men talking about.
'Ok, ok' phil finally agreed i couldn't help but notice a tear slip down his cheek.
We cant have been that far from the flat all i had to do was find a way to knock these guys out then get phil and run home before they came round.
Suddenly there was a loud bang. Loud isn't quite the right word but I'm not sure how to describe it. A bomb thats what it was and suddenly i understood phil had never just become my friend he had been told by these men to become friends with me i was meant to have died in that explosion. Phil was never meant to fall in love with me but he had and now this. The men were moving one of them had untied Phil i stepped out of the shadows so they could see me phil say me first.
'Dan.' He whispered
' i don't understand' but he could tell i did.
'You were meant to die in that explosion' he sobbed
'But i didn't, come back to me Phil i love you.' I wanted him so desperately loved him so deeply.
'I cant Dan i tried to kill you. How can you love me after that. Im so sorry but i can't stay now.'
With that he turned and left the warehouse the men hadn't noticed me yet and they too exited the same way as Phil. I collapsed to the floor and wept for hours at some point i must have fallen asleep as i was awoken by sunlight crashing through a gap in the door.

The memories of the night before flooding back.