Chapter 18

"Ready?" A text reads on my phone. I smile when I see the name of who it's from. I reply quickly with a yes.

"Alright, I'll be waiting in the parking lot," he sends back immediately. I give myself one last look in the mirror, then grab my clutch I have laying on my bed. Tonight's the K.L. party, and tonight's going to be great!

I walk into the living room to be surprised by the vacancy.

"Austin?" I say but get no answer. I check his room, but he's no where to be found. I guess he's out doing "personal" things. At least that's what he always tells me. If he's visiting his mom, you would think he would just say that, but then again he's Austin and he's a little different than most.

I get down to the main lobby and run into Kylie.

"Riley? Omg girl you look stunning!"

I look out the door and see Cody leaning against his trust, impatiently waiting. I can tell because he used to do this when I was 5 seconds late to anything. He isn't tapping his foot yet, so he isn't angry. I don't have much time to chat though.

"Thank you girl! I'm running late, but I'll talk to you later!" I tell her and start walking towards the door. Her eyes look out and see the attractive guy waiting for my arrival.

"You better because that guy is cute!"
She says as I get one foot out the door. I turn back smiling and give her a wink. I know Kylie, I most definitely know.

"Hey," I say once I reach Codys truck. He's turned around looking back at the park. When he hears my voice, he turns.

"You're always late, do you-" he stops when he sees me. A sudden ease reflects him. "Wow, you look gorgeous!"

I blush and say thanks. He walks over and opens the passenger door. I quickly get in and shut the door behind me, not giving him the time to. He walks back over and gets in on his side.

"Tonight's gonna be fun," he says starting the ignition. I give a believable smile. "Yes, yes it is."

As he backs up and exits the parking lot, his hand reaches over and grabs my hand. He intertwines our fingers.

"You know, I didn't think I'd live to see the day where Riley Evans would ever sit in the front seat of my truck again."

I cut my eyes to him and raise my eyebrow. "Oh really? Well I wouldn't push your luck then Fray."

He laughs and we drive the long drive filled with the neon lights of the nights sky in silence. Déjà Vu is hitting me like a truck. This is all too familiar and I don't know if I like it or not. But I guess I can say, the odds are in Cody's favor.

----
{A/N}

It's not looking good you guys... I haven't had sleep in 4 days. Well, since the last time I updated this book. My aunts cancer has progressed further. We've been in and out of the emergency room and finally she's been admitted. The cancer in her liver is pushing on her gallbladder and they don't think she can fight through the surgery. I'm not gonna update again for a while. I'm sorry this chapter sucked I'm just so tired. I have it mapped out, I've just gotta find time to write it. Until next time, much love -// K.L.