Chapter 11

"You're a really great dancer!" Austin whispers as he leans into my ear.

"Thanks," I say smiling. At least I know I've still got it. High school dances we never really my thing. We'd tell our parents we were attending and then Amber and I would sneak into some clubs downtown. Those were the people knew how to have a good time.

By now, we're grinding on each other on top of the coffee table. Don't ask how we got here because I honestly have no clue. In no ways would I ever think this would happen, but who cares? We deserve this little break. We've survived our first week of school, and I've survived a couple of near death experiences and I finally got a job. This is the perfect way to let go on a boring Sunday night. I never expected it would be Austin as the person who would be celebrating with me though.

The electric sound that I've never even heard before finally cuts off and a familiar slow song comes on. I close my eyes and escape in the moment.

"You listen to Luke Bryan?" I question him, opening my eyes and turning around so that my butt is no longer is in his direct point of view. Not that I mind, but grinding they whole night won't get me anywhere except humiliation the next day, considering the only person witnessing this horrible party of two is Austin and I.

"Yasss girl," he slurs trying to be funny, and then grabs my hands, picking them up and placing them around his neck. His hands fall down to my waist. I feel a shiver at his touch. He's somehow found my skin under my shirt.

We sway to the beat of the song my ex boyfriend and I danced to the night he said he was leaving me. A raw hard fact, and the reason I have given up on flirting with guys. I can't go through that again. Normally by now I'd be bawling my eyes out at just even the thought of hearing it, but I don't feel the pain right now for some reason. It's probably the Jack Daniels fault.

Austin dips his head down a little and our foreheads touch. I feel my breathing grow harder. His lips linger just millimeters from mine. His eyes show just how vulnerable he is in this state. He doesn't kiss me though, which is a good thing because I wouldn't be able to deal with it or even know how to react. It is nice just being held and looking into a gorgeous boys eyes.

As the song wraps up, he jumps down from the table and turns off the music playing, sliding his phone into the pocket of his washed out ripped jeans and turns back to face me. I slowly stumble my way down to be back on stable ground. It's not my fault i'm a lightweight sometimes.

"Come," he tells me as he reaches out and grabs my hand.

Oh gosh, we're going to his bedroom.

No, no, no, I'm not ready for this. Not tonight. Sex and drunk Riley are never a good mix. Sex with alcohol in general is a fatal decision. If this is what you wanted, why didn't you kiss me then you fool?!

Before I can object or accept, we're in Austins room and he's ripping off his shirt. I become a statue. A drooling statue if I may add.

I've seen him shirtless before, but it's different when your mind goes into this state of attraction. Whomever his parents are, they must have some really good genes.

I really need to go to the gym, I think to myself or I could have possibly said it out loud. I don't know. My mouth has no filter after three shots of any type of alcohol, but when Austin doesn't say anything to respond to it, I figure it was only said in my head. I could really use a tight stomach section like his though. Maybe then I could be compared to Amber in a decent way, but who am I kidding, I don't workout. I get distracted too easily therefore I won't work out. I'll just end up admiring the beautiful people who do and then regret it when it comes time to leave.