Fearing the Alpha

“We shouldn’t be here.” I heard my mum whisper to my dad. I knew why they were worried; we were passing through Alpha Jay’s territory. He was notorious for killing rogues on site, no questions asked. My family and I, were rogues. I don’t know how or why, my parents refuse to tell me. I think they were wrongly accused. But I don’t really know. My older brother was walking in front of me, and my parents behind. They were very protective of me, especially when males were around. I’m pretty sure it has to do with mates, and all.

            “Hey Lucy, how are you poor ‘lil feet feeling?” My brother Matt joked.

            “Feeling better than yours pups.” I replied calmly. He hates that nick name. My brother’s hard hand wrapped around my fore arm, and pulled me close. That’s when I heard a low and threatening growl. I whipped my head round, to see men coming out of the trees. My brother quickly pushed me behind him.

            “What are you rogues doing on my territory?” A man spat. I’m guessing he was Alpha Jay, because he called it his territory.

            “We were just passing through” replied my father calmly. I stepped beside my brother, so I could get a better look at what was going on. The man who my father was having a stare down with, I’m guessing was Alpha Jay. He only looked about 18, with short, messy brown hair. And brown eyes. The minute I stepped out from behind my brother, his eyes snapped to me. I felt a sudden urge to step back behind my brother, but I didn’t.

            “Mine” he growled. I felt all the blood drain from my face. I was HIS mate. HIM. Of all people, an Alpha, who was at least 5 years older than me.

            “No, can’t be…” I heard my brother’s voice trail off. Alpha Jay looked at my brother, and growled. A very scary and threatening growl.

            “Come here” he told me, I shook my head, saying no. My mum looked at me, with a very worried look on her face. He saw my refusal, and did not look happy. He strode towards me, looking very mad. My father was to stunned to say or do anything. He just stood there frozen. My mother looked horrified. But was just as frozen as my dad. I didn’t blame them. I would be too, if I was them. Alpha Jay continued to stalk towards me. When my 15 year old brother stepped in front of me, he punched my brother before roughly shoving him aside. Matt tried to regain his balance, but other pack members shoved him back down, and held him down. I turned back to see Alpha Jay staring down at me with lust filled eyes. I did the first thing I thought of. Ran. I hadn’t even taken three steps, when muscly arms grabbed my waist. I was pulled back into his chest. Which was vibrating, because he was growling. He dragged me back to where he had been standing before. “Kill them” He said, like it was the only option.

            “Noooo” I screamed. He didn’t even look at me. I looked at my mother; she was holding my father’s hand, with a sad expression on her face. My father on the other hand was growling at them. Matt, was already surrounded and he had shifted. He was fending himself against three other wolves. “You can’t” I screamed at him, trying to wiggle my way out of his grip. I had tried kick, shoving, punching and aiming at anything I could reach. But he just held me tighter. I tried to wriggle out of his grip, didn’t work. I tried to knee him, didn’t work. I looked at Matt, who was fighting a losing battle against three fully grown wolves, they were snapping at him, while he tried to get to me. Every time he got close, another wolf would appear and force him back. I just wanted him to run, and not worry about me. But I knew him too well, he wouldn’t ever leave me. My mother was also fighting a losing battle, but she was fighting with my dad. They were trying to edge themselves closer to me, but just couldn’t. My mum looked at me, to see if I was ok, but didn’t turn back fast enough. One of the wolves had quite literally, ripped out her throat. She fell dead on the ground, blood pouring from the wound. My father, went up to my mother, and howled in pain. Only to be killed, and fall next to my mother. I watched on in horror, as my brother looked at me, sharing my look of horror. Then it happened, my last family member died, right in front of my eyes. And there was nothing I could do about it. Alpha Jay, just hugged me closer to him, as I screamed and bashed my small fists against his stomach. I could tell it didn’t hurt, much. Tears were pouring out of my eyes, as he nuzzled his nose in my neck. That was it, that did it.

            “Alpha, you should take her home, and make sure she is ok.” Someone said. Just enough of a distraction, for me to slip out of his grip. And run for it.