Special POV ¤Jason¤

I watched Eli walk away from me with a sense of helplessness. I can't tell him Krystal's secret, not when she isn't ready for him to know. And honestly I like that I am the only one she entrusted her secret too. Eli is right. I like her. I like Krystal. And I'm not to happy about how close her and Eli are. So it felt good that I knew something about her that he didnt. It also made me feel guilty that I could treat my best friend like this. I sighed as I began the long walk home.

I don't know why Krystal is so sure that the Mystic killer is officer Linux. It has to have something to do with her visions. Officer Linux definitely is the man I saw her talking to earlier at the auto body shop. Could he really be the killer? But what led her there in the first place? Maybe something to do with whatever package Eli said she received this morning. All my questions could only be answered by one person.

I waited until I was home and in my room before calling her.

"Hello." She answered softly.

"Did you make it home ok?"

"Yes. I'm fine. My dad is mad at me though. He left again."

She sounded so sad as she said that, I wished I was right beside her so that I could pull her in close to me and comfort her. "I need you to tell me what was inside that envelope Krystal."

She sighed audibly over the phone. Instead of answering my question she asked one of her own. "Did you tell him? Did you tell Eli about me?"

"No I didnt. Now please tell me. How can I help you if you don't tell me everything?"

"I don't want you to help me. He'll only hurt you. I can't have you getting hurt because of me."

I got angry and shouted at her. "Have you forgotten that he killed my cousin? He took her away from me! She is dead and never coming back. I want to catch him just as much as you. Our families can't rest until he is caught." I sighed wearily. "This isn't all about you Krystal."

She hiccuped and I knew she was crying. "I know that. But I'm the only one who can catch him and I will. I'll make sure your family gets closure."

"Yeah just like you did so well at the tonight." I said nastily. As soon as I said it I regretted it.

"I promise I will. Goodnight Jason." She hung up the phone and I sat there listening to the silence before removing it from my ear. I felt like throwing it across the room.

I don't know why I ended up being so mean to her.

The next morning I woke up and got ready for school. As I sat at the table eating breakfast my mom gasped. "Oh no. Another one."

I looked up to see her eyes were glued to the morning news. A picture of a woman named Alexia Williams was up there as the news anchor spoke.

"Twenty nine year old Alexia Williams went missing last night and everyone is fearing that she may be the latest victim of the Mystic murderer. Just a few days ago the body of Tiffany...." I tuned the anchor woman out.

He'd struck again. He's taken someone else. Would anyone be able to stop this monster?

Authors Note

What's on your mind? Jason was kind of a insensitive jerk to Krystal. So anyways this special chapter occurs the same night as the events in chapter nine, just later. Any questions just leave a comment.