Chapter 20

hey guys! I can't tell you enough how sorry I am for not updating in such a long time. I really have no excuse, sorry :( but I hope you like the next chapter! it's a little twist to the story :)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"How many chocolate chips do you think I could fit in my mouth at once?" Cody blurted out, clearly thinking about it.

I was laying down on my bed and Cody's head was sitting on my stomach while he was laying with me. We had a bunch of junk food and stuff on the bed since it's late at night and we we're just weird like that.

"Um.." I giggled "Hmm.. I don't know. Try it."

"Dare me to?" he asked smiling.

"Go for it." I demanded.

Cody sat up and took the bag of chocolate chips. He handed me a cup and I scooped up a bunch.

"See how many scoops I can fit." he smiled, and tilted his head back and opened his mouth wide.

I scooped a bunch and gently poured them in his mouth.

"1," I counted "2, 3, 4..."

Cody was laughing the whole way through.

I laughed with him, "Cody stop laughing! You're gonna choke."

He just laughed some more. "I can't help it" he tried to say, but the chocolate made his words muffled.

I scooped one more and put it in his mouth. But just as I poured them in Cody started laughing and I knew that he was done. He lifted his head back up, still laughing and the chocolate chips fell out of his mouth and all over my bed.

"Awh Cody! Right on my bed!"

"Sorry," he apologized.

I wiped the chocolate off my bed and looked back up at Cody, trying to chew the remaining chocolate chips in his mouth. As soon as I made eye contact with him he smiled. When he opened his mouth all I could see was melted chocolate smearing his teeth and mouth.

"Ew! Cody!" I laughed, "the chocolate's all over your mouth! Wipe it off it looks discusting!"

Cody just laughed, opening his mouth up wider to tease me.

"Oh don't lie," he smirked. "You like it. Come over here so I can give you a long chocolate kiss."

"Cody no!" I said, trying to run away. But before I knew it Cody was on the bed on top of me and his lips connected to mine.

I'm not going to lie, his lips did taste like chocolate, but I didn't mind.

I released and he just smiled looking down at me.

"There. Now you have a chocolate mouth too."

"Yeah, thanks for that."

"No problem baby." he smirked, and we went right back to the same position as before.

We were just fooling around when I heard a knock on the door. Cody and I looked at each other, confused at who it was, and went downstairs to open the door.

I opened it, and surprisingly found the same brown eyed, brown haired, buff guy that not only called me, but hit on me at the store.

It was Drew.

"Uh, hi." I managed to choke out. Why was he here? "Can I help you?" he asked calmly.

"Listen, Brandi." he said, only looking at me. He pretended that Cody wasn't even there even though he clearly knew he was.

"Oh shit." I heard Cody cuss under his breath.

"I know it might be weird, me showing up at your doorstep and all, but we just got off on the wrong foot. I want to clearly introduce myself." Drew explained.

There was something different about him tonight. Not physically, but almost personality wise. I don't know why, but I kind of wanted to hear what he had to say.

"Can I come in?" he asked.

"No." Cody said firmly. "I don't think that would be a good idea."

"Wait, Cody." I whispered. "It's okay. I just want to hear what he has to say."

"Alright," Cody said, and opened the door for him. "Come in."

"Thanks." Drew said, and we made our way to the couch.

Drew sat down and I sat down across from him, as well as Cody who sat right down next to me, putting his arm over my shoulder.

I could obviously tell Cody was trying to show Drew that I'm his, and truthfully I'm perfectly okay with that.

"What did you want to tell me?" I asked.

"Okay," Drew began. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry for the way I acted. I came off way too strong and creepy and I'm so sorry. I just thought you were really hot Brandi and, I don't know I just didn't know how to introduce myself correctly. I sounded like a jerk, I know. But I was wondering if we could start over. Just be friends."

Okay wow. First, this kid is a complete jerk and was so obnoxious. Then all of a sudden he shows up at my doorstep and begs for my friendship. Normally I wouldn't give in this easy, but something about him made him sound sincere, and that he actually meant it. Maybe he was a good guy.

"Okay, sure. Friends." I agreed, with no expression.

I could feel Cody tensing up beside me, but I rested my head on his chest to calm him down and it worked.

Drew's eyes lit up and he smiled.

"Great, I'm so glad." he said and got up from the couch. "Now, since we're friends, how about we go out on friday to hang out. As friends." he asked.

Cody's hand now clenched into a fist and I could tell he was pissed at this guy. I grabbed his hand with mine and intertwined our fingers to let him know that it was okay. He sighed and held on tightly.

I mean, I guess this Drew guy isn't bad, but I still didn't want to move things too fast. I was still hesitant.

"I'd love to, Drew, but I can't. I'm sorry."

I saw Cody smile in the corner of my eye.

"Oh, that's okay. No worries, I'm just glad we're friends. Anyways, I should probably get going. See ya." he said, and headed back out the door.

I sat there for a second, unable to realize what just happened.

"Wow." I said.

"Yeah, wow." Cody said. "That guy's an idiot! He actually thinks he's going to take you away from me."

"Yeah." was all I was able to say.

Was it wrong that I wanted to be friends with him?

No, of course not.

Just friends.

"He's not going to take you away from me right?" Cody asked worried, grabbing my hands in his.

"Definitely not." I replied. "No one's going to take me away from you in a million years." I said, leaning up against Cody.

And I meant it. Drew is only my friend, nothing more. No matter how hard he tries, he's not going to replace Cody.

Nobody will.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

So what do you guys think? I know the drew guy is kind of random, but he'll have a lot more to do with the story later on! thanks for reading guys, love you! xxx