Chapter 16: The Premiere

hey guys! sorry I haven't updated in SUCH a long time, I was sooo busy. I'm so sorry :( but anyways, I worked really hard on this chapter so I hope you like it! :)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

My stomach was aching and my head was pounding. I didn't know what to think of it all. Everywhere I looked, cameras were flashing and people were screaming. My mouth actually hurt because I was smiling so much.

Cody's arm was tight around my waist the whole time, knowing I was nervous. I just wanted to get away from the cameras. I felt so nervous, but I smiled and stood tall anyway. Besides, Cody was with me so I know I was okay.

Many people were asking Cody and I to kiss, but we both felt a little too uncomfortable to do it in public, so he kept pecking me on the cheek instead.

I was looking around at the cameras, still smiling, when Cody whispered in my ear.

"I'm getting tired of this, you wanna get off the red carpet?"

"Yeah, I think they have enough pictures." I whispered back.

Cody and I waved and stepped off the red carpet while the next people followed.

I dropped my smile and my jaw hurt. I started moving it around.

"Ugh, glad that's over." I said, still trying to loosen my jaw.

"I know, same." Cody replied. He looked around and saw the food table. His eyes suddenly got wide and he kept repeatingly hitting me on the arm.

"Oh my god, Brandi look." He pointed to the table, which there lay a humungous tray of bacon wrapped meatballs.

My mouth dropped open.

"Oh my god. Those look amazing. I need some now." I stated.

Cody laughed and replied, "Yeah me too. Let's go."

He grabbed me by the hand and and we made our way to the table. We both grabbed a plate and piled on the bacon wrapped goodness. We sat down at our table reserved for us and started scarfing down the meat.

As I looked around at all the people, I realized that Cody and I were the only ones actually eating something. Everyone else either had a drink in their hand or was eating something light, like salad.

"Uh, Cody?" I asked.

"Yeah?" he mumbled out, mouth full of meatballs.

"You do realize that we're the only ones eating right?"

He looked around and started chuckling.

"Oh, I guess we are."

"Wow, that's kind of embarrassing." I replied.

"No, not really. This is the true us." he smiled. "Besides, I like a girl who isn't afraid to stuff 10 pounds of meat in her mouth." he joked.

I playfully hit him on the arm and continued eating.

After we were both done I looked up at him.

"Those were really good."

"Yeah they were." Cody said.

Just then we both started bursting out laughing.

"Look at your face!" I yelled. "You have meat sauce all over it!" I continued laughing.

Cody was laughing histarically as well.

"Mine? Look at your face?!" he smiled.

We both sat there looking like idiots laughing at ourselves with sauce all over.

We were still laughing when I felt a slight tap on my shoulder.

"Brandi? Cody?"

I turned around and peered over my shoulder. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Right in front of me was Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson, the two main characters in The Hunger Games, Katniss and Peeta.

"Oh my gosh," I said, "I'm so happy to meet you! I'm a huge fan!"

"So am I!" Cody followed.

Jennifer giggled. "That's great, I'm a fan of yours too. Oh, and uh, you two got a little something on your mouth."

Cody and I looked at each other and realized we both still had sauce on our face.

Wow, great first impression. Meeting 'Candi' with sauce on their faces. Real classy.

(A/N: 'Candi' is Brandi and Cody's couple name!)

We both took our napkins and wiped our faces.

"Sorry about that, Brandi and I kind of got little too into the meatballs." he chuckled, and slid his arm around my waist again.

"Oh don't worry about it," Josh said, "Jennifer and I ate a whole bunch of those before the premiere too."

We all laughed.

From then on we started talking about their movie, and things like that. Jennifer and Josh were really cool people and easy to talk to. They were so down to earth.

After a while Jennifer blurted out, "You two are so cute together. All 'googly-eyed' and stuff. You guys are perfect."

"Awe, thank you." Cody said smiling. "She's perfect, I love her."

He held me tighter and kissed my hair.

"Awe, so adorable!" Jennifer said grinning. "Well I hate to cut this short, but Josh and I have to go. Sandra Bullok is waiting for us, so I'll see you guys later!"

We hugged goodbye and then Cody turned to me.

"Well angel, it's getting late, we should be going."

"Okay."

Cody took me by the hand and we started walking through the people to the limo.

We were almost out when I heard a loud squeal.

"OH MY GOD! HI CODY!" someone yelled.

I turned my head to where the sound was coming from, and there stood a girl about my height, with dark brown hair and eyes locked on Cody.

It was Hailee Steinfeld.

She ran up and hugged Cody, without even looking at me.

"Oh my gosh, how are you Cody? I haven't seen you in so long!" she went on.

"Uh, yeah I'm good.." Cody hesitated. "Um, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend Brandi."

I walked up and stuck my hand out. "Hi, I'm Brandi, nice to meet you." I smiled.

"Oh, Cody I didn't know you had a girlfriend." she said, without even shaking my hand back.

Oh, well I see how it is.

"Uh, yeah I do." Cody said. "Well, we gotta go now, busy night tonight, bye!"

Cody led me away from Hailee and back into the limo. We got in and he sighed.

"Well that was a close one."

"Uh, yeah tell me about it. Does she like you or something?" I asked.

Cody put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, she's had a crush on me forever, but don't worry. She's just my friend, nothing more." he said.

I nodded, and Cody lifted my chin to bring my lips to his.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

okay so I hope you all like that chapter! and btw, I was NOT trying to hate on Hailee in ANY WAY AT ALL. I just needed a character for the story and she was the first one that came to mind. I WAS NOT trying to hate on her at all. Anyways, I hope you all liked it and I will update soon. Love you all <3 xx