Chapter 14

hey guys! so I know last chapter was not really that exciting and kind of boring and sappy.. but this one will be a little more upbeat and fun. hope you all like it! :)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Alli, I don't know." I said as Alli pulled me hard by the arm into the mall. "I don't look good in dresses, maybe I can just wear jeans!"

Today was the day that Alli was taking me dress shopping for the Catching Fire premiere. Obviously this was right up Alli's alley, but I hated it. I never, EVER wore dresses back home unless I had to. I'm a girly girl for sure, but dresses are just not my thing. To tell you the truth, I'm really self conscious and look absolutely HORRIBLE in dresses. They just, don't suit me. But I know that no matter how much I don't want to, I'm going to have to wear a dress.

"Oh hush up, Brandi." Alli said, "Dress shopping is fun! And being a model, I know exactly what dresses and colours will suit you. You are going to look beautiful."

"Yeah right..." I said under my breath. I never look beautiful in anything.

"What?" Alli asked.

"Nothing."

Alli dragged me into Cara's, a store that was absolutely packed with all kinds of dresses; different colours and styles.

"This store has the best dresses." Alli said while already looking through the racks of dresses. "I'm sure you'll find one here."

I started going through the dresses with her and found a few I like. I found a really nice one that I liked. It was red, with a tiny bow in the front and crossed sleeves in the back. I turned to Alli.

"What about this one?" I asked.

She turned around and made a discusted face.

"Ew! Brandi are you serious? This one does NOT scream 'premiere', it screams... 'country showdown.'" she stated. "On top of that, it's totally not fitted for you and red, is not your colour.

"Well, I'm sorry, I'm new at this kind of thing."

"Clearly." she mumbled.

"Well, if you're so good at this what dress should I be looking for?" I asked.

"I think you should go for any dark colour, but not black, you want to stand out. Go for like, a royal blue or a deep purple. Your blonde hair will show up prettier on those colours. And try looking for one that's fitted around your body, it will show off your curvy figure and long legs."

Wow, Alli really knows a lot about clothes.

"Um, okay I'll try. If I can remember all that..." I mumbled.

I started looking through the racks again, trying to find a dress that was up to Alli's standards. I couldn't find anything, and if I did it wasn't in my size. I continued to look when I heard Alli gasp loudly.

"What, did you find something?" I asked curiously.

"OH MY GOD YES!" Alli squealed. "This one's perfect for you!"

Alli went in the rack and pulled out the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. It was a pretty royal blue and was fitted all around. It had tiny ruffles on all of it and had straps that went around the shoulders and twisted together at the neck. It was the perfect dress, I had no words to describe it.

"Do you like it?!" Alli asked, smiling.

I couldn't even say anything, it was breathtaking. Instead I just nodded and took the dress from her hand and ran towards the dressing room.

I got in and quickly put it on.

Wow. This dress was absolutely gorgeous. I needed to get this dress.

My daydream was quickly interrupted when I heard Alli knock on the door.

"Brandi are you dressed yet?! I want to see!"

I opened the door and stepped out.

Alli opened her mouth and stood there. She looked up and down and just smiled.

"Brandi you look beautiful. This dress is the perfect one for you. I just.." she hesitated, "ugh it's just perfect." she smiled.

"Really?" I said looking back in the mirror. "Thank you."

"Cody won't be able to keep his hands off you." Alli joked, and smiled.

I couldn't help but smile back.

"Okay, haha I think I'll just take it off now." I laughed, and went back in the dressing room.

--------------------------

{back at Cody and Alli's house}

Alli and I walked into the house and immediately saw Cody sitting on the couch.

I didn't even get a chance to say hi when Cody started yelling, "Let me see, let me see!"

He got up from the couch and went over to the bags.

"NO NO NO!" Alli yelled, and jumped on his back to stop him from seeing my dress. I quickly went and grabbed my bag and hid it behind my back.

"Why can't I see?" he complained, and pushed Alli off of him.

"You can't see until the premiere! It'll ruin the surprise!" I said.

"Pleeeeaaassseee?" Cody begged, while walking towards me.

I nodded my head and smiled.

"Nope."

"Pleeaasseee?" he asked, and his hands were now around my waist.

"Nope."

He leaned in and gave me a lingering kiss. He was still close, looking into my eyes.

"Please?" he smiled.

I smiled back, and ruffled my fingers through his hair.

"Well," I said, and gave him another little peck.

"Nope." I winked, and turned and ran up to Alli's room.

"What?! That's not fair!" Cody complained from downstairs.

"Oh but it is!" I yelled back to him, and shut Alli's door behind me.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

so I hope you like it guys! I know it was a little short.. but I promise the next one will be longer! anyways, haha I though it was kinda cute.. ;) tell me what you guys think down below! thanks, love you all :) <3 xx