Chapter 19

Note: this story has been published through Self Publishing. Keep in mind that the Wattpad version is only the first draft! For the polished version without the many mistakes, buy a copy!

Where can you order a copy, you ask? Please use Create Space, because they give me more royalties!

Create Space: https://www.createspace.com/4799393

On Amazon (but they barely give me any royalties).

Don't hesitate to message me about where to buy it!

========

After class, I hurried up to my room to get rid of my awfully heavy bag. Simon went with me, leaving his books on my bed for the time being; he’d retrieve them later. I made him wait in the living room while I changed into a tight black dress. I felt like dressing up, and like always when I felt like something, I did it. I pulled on a green jacket (something I had once stolen from Greg) so I wouldn’t get cold and stepped into my black Nike’s. The sneakers and the jacket kind of undid anything girly I had going on because of the dress, but I didn’t mind. I felt good in my outfit and that was all that mattered.

‘I’m ready,’ I told Simon, grabbing his wrist and pulling him out of the living room and into the hallway. I was eager to go talk to Eros. I agreed with Simon that it had been pretty smart of him to make me wait till I was calmed down a bit and classes were over, but waiting had made me impatient.

Simon pulled back his wrist and grinned. ‘You’re strange, you know that?’

‘Thanks a lot,’ I huffed mockingly, smiling back at him. I liked to see his glow was bright purple, with just a hint of dark-tinted worry around the edges.

We walked toward the cafeteria – we’d decided earlier this was the best place to start looking for Eros. And indeed, we didn’t have to wait long before we spotted him. He was lounging against the far wall, talking animatedly to a were girl I didn’t know. When he saw me coming right at him, he excused himself and met me halfway.

‘Demona, I expect you aren’t here to talk about the weather with me?’ His expression was amused, but the darkness surrounding him was pulsing in a disturbing way.

‘Could we talk to you somewhere private for a moment?’ I asked. Simon and I had agreed on making it clear I wasn’t about to go somewhere alone with him. We were in this together.

‘Oh, the little fairy too?’ Eros asked, his brow furrowing. ‘Sure.’

We followed him into the first empty classroom we found. It wasn’t the same one I’d found myself in with him last time, but it was enough to make me remember his soft, warm lips on mine. Anger surged through my veins.

‘So, what is it you want to talk to me about?’ Eros asked lightly, a small smile on his lips. ‘Politics, how to get into the kitchen after hours…’

‘You know what I want to talk to you about,’ I scolded. ‘About you kissing me.’

‘That’s hardly anything to get worked up about.’ He laughed mockingly. ‘Just something I wanted to try. Don’t worry about it, Demona, it’s no big deal. Although I am sorry if I gave you the wrong idea. I’m not that into you.’ His voice was sarcastic, his face impassive. ‘But we can still be friends…’

I snorted at his stupid idea of a joke. ‘Cut the crap, Eros.’

‘Excuse me, Oh Great Demona, please enlighten me about the reason for your hissy fit.’ He even bowed to me, a tiny smile tugging at the corners of his lips. At another time, I might have actually considered it funny.