Chapter 8: Humble Home

Start from the beginning

"Then, do you know Call of Duty?" he queried, walking over too.

"Oh. My. God. Please, please, please tell me that you have Call of Duty Four: Modern Warfare" I jumped up and down.

"You bet" he smiled, "None of the other girls even know what it is" he noted.

"I already answered that question, I'm a tomboy, so if you try to hook up with me, you're half gay" I stated matter-of-factly.

"Hey, Sas...um...and this is...?" came a confused voice.

I looked towards the stairs and saw a man of maybe thirty standing there.

"Oh, hi! I'm Elvira" I introduced myself immediately.

I glared at Sasuke. Liar, he had told me that his parents had died when he was still little.

The man looked at Sasuke, who gave him a small smile, "Oh ok, hi. I'm Itachi Uchiha, Sasuke's older brother" he smiled and held his hand out to me.

I choked, "N-nice to meet you too" I shook his hand.

Man, did Sasuke's brother look old!

"Want to play Call of Duty with us?" Sasuke invited.

"Nah, I'm good, too old for that stuff" he smiled, "Have a good time, I'm gonna be out with my friends for a while" he said and excused himself.

As soon as Itachi closed the door behind him I smiled at Sasuke evilly, "I'll annihilate you, Liz is the only person who can tie me in Call of Duty" I dusted my hands.

"Don't be so sure of yourself" he smirked as he turned on the device.

"I'm ready" I cracked my knuckles and took the controller he offered to me.

"Damn you! This thing is rigged! I swear!" I frowned as he beat me for the fifth time in a row.

He chuckled, "It's called skill".

"It's called having no life" I retorted and stood up, "I promised Karin that I would take a few pictures of your room and show it to her, let's go" I smiled as I picked up my bag and headed to the bottom of the stairs.

He picked up his bag too and led me up the stairs to the door at the end of the hall. He pushed open the door.

"This is grand compared to your living room" I said as I looked around.

It was simple, he had a queen-sized bed, a bedside table, a drawer and a desk.

He put his bag down by his desk and sat down in his chair, "This is it" he spread his arms.

I put my bag down beside his bed and sat down on his surprisingly soft bed, "Glad to see that you're not a brat" I gave him the thumbs up.

He suddenly lunged for my bag. I reached out and grabbed it just in time.

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Sucker".

He leaped on me, determined to get his hands on my bag. I struggled backwards on the damn soft bed, holding it just out of his reach.

"Damn it, show me the stupid drawing!" he growled and finally managed to grab my bag.

I pulled but realized that he was probably going to rip it. I unzipped the bag and took out my sketchbook. I let go of the bag and he fell backwards. I raced for the door but Sasuke jumped on me, pulling me to the ground.

"Damn it!" I tried to shake him off but he was a boy and kinda strong.

He reached for the sketchbook but I ripped out the page before he could grab it. I threw the book at him and escaped towards his window. I yanked the window open and threw the crumpled up paper out before he could reach me.

"Too late now" I smiled and closed the window.

He cursed and ran back to the door, "It's in the backyard!" he shouted triumphantly.

"Aw, damn it! Screw this" I said and fell backwards on the bed tiredly.

I closed my eyes tiredly but then I heard Sasuke's footsteps again, "A womanizer, am I?" he grumbled and threw the paper aside.

"It's a fact" I said, unmoving.

He bent over me, "Well, I don't really feel like proving that wrong right now" he said quietly and leaned in closer his arms supporting him on either side of me.

I thrust both of my hands up and pushed his face back, "Not on the third day either" I scolded.

He grunted and then stuck out his tongue and licked my hands, "EW!" I shrieked and pulled my hands back, wiping them on his sheets.

He smiled, "Please?" he asked, his eyes sad.

"That's not gonna happen" I said and pushed him away as I got up.

"But you're provoking me!" he whined.

"How?".

"By lying on my bed with your eyes closed while we're the only people home" he shrugged.

"I can do that 'cause I know that you wouldn't try anything funny after yesterday" I grinned, "Can I go now?".

"Only if you let me walk you home" he conditioned.

"I'll take that deal, you know where I live anyways" I said as I stood up and collected my stuff, replacing them in my bag.

He put on his sweater and followed me back down to the front door. We put our shoes on silently.

Just as we were about to leave, I stopped, "Okay, now we're even" I declared.

He chuckled, "Yeah, unfortunately".

"This is great!" I skipped out the door.

"Did you guys kiss?" Liz asked as soon as I opened to door.

"Hell no" I answered and kicked off my shoes.

"Aw...oh, wait, I get it! You're being coy! Playing hard to get I see!" Liz winked at me.

"I'm playing hard to get...ever".

Her smile flipped around, "You're no fun".

"This is why I'm not pregnant" I mused.

"Hey! I'm fun and am I pregnant?" Liz argued, her eyes furious.

"No, no, you're as skinny as a stick" I said, surrendering.

She sat down next to me quietly but then she suddenly started screeching, "Guess what!".

"What?" I inquired, rubbing my ringing ear.

"Gaara asked me out just today, after school!" she squealed.

I widened my eyes, "Wow, a guy with good guts" I commented.

"Yeah! I'm going to be at his place all day tomorrow, I'll be home at around ten" her eyes sparkled.

"Yeah, well, good thing he didn't wait any longer, you probably would've asked him, which would've ruined your reputation for being the one who always waits for them" I said, remembering how she always got asked out by others.

"Oh god, I'm so excited!" she could hardly refrain from jumping up and down.

"I'll help you pick out something to wear, come on" I smiled and we set to work digging through her piles of clothes.