Chapter 7: You Stupid Moron

I lay in bed, wide awake. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I just realized the 'stupid' was probably my new favourite word. Sakura was going to hate me now. I had just gotten here and I've already made myself quite a few acquaintances. I rolled my eyes, couldn't these people just stop jumping to conclusions and buy a new brain? That Sasuke boy was a pretty nice guy...at first. But who tries to kiss their crush two days after they've met? I tossed and turned, unable to find a comfortable position. Ah, I'll think about it in the morning.

I awoke to the loud beeping of my alarm and fell right off of my bed. My head collided with the carpeted floor but the impact was still hard.

"Ugh..." I groaned as I threw my blankets back on top of my bed in a heap.

"Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" came Liz's cheery voice.

"Literally" I replied, my voice coated with fatigue.

I pushed myself to my feet and dressed. By the time that I had walked into the kitchen, Liz had already started eating breakfast.

"Thinking about Sasuke?" she laughed at my bedhead.

"Yup, thinking about how I should kill him" I corrected and dropped into the seat opposite Liz.

I munched half-heartedly on a spoonful of cereal, "I want American food" I whined.

"They don't sell bacon in our corner store, I'll go buy some at the supermarket today on our way back from school" Liz promised.

I sniffed, "My beautiful peameal bacon...".

I continued to eat my cereal sadly, missing all of my American luxuries.

Liz checked her watch, "Let's go, or we'll be late" she cleared the dishes away briskly.

"I don't wanna go to school" I grumbled.

"Are you sure you don't like Sasuke and you're feeling guilty for kicking him in the nuts?" she put her hands on her hips.

"I'm sure I don't like him but I feel bad for kicking him now...you were right...I was a hypocrite...to a certain extent" I looked at her, my head lying on the table tiredly.

She patted my cheek gently, "Just tell him you're sorry and you were a bit harsh, he'll forgive you" she assured.

I straightened up suddenly, "I don't want his forgiveness...I just want him to know that...I didn't mean to injure him" I said defiantly.

"Yeah, sure, you do that" she said, "Then let's go" and she ushered me out the door.

"Go on" Liz pushed me forward gently.

Sasuke and Naruto were talking outside of our classroom, it was only a few minutes before class.

"Hey, Sasuke, you kinda look...bigger...down there" Naruto pointed out obnoxiously.

"You freaking dope!" Sasuke roared and punched Naruto sharply on the head.

I almost laughed but the glare that Liz gave me made me give it a second thought.

"I-it was just a thought" Naruto whimpered.

Sasuke was already red but when he spotted me walking towards him, he turned redder. He was about to turn and leave when I called out to him.

"Wait!".

He stopped and turned around, "What?" he asked unkindly.

"Um...I need to talk to you" I said and looked at Naruto.

"Naruto, I'll see you later in class" Sasuke shooed him away.

Naruto looked as if he were about to protest but Liz dragged him away before he got the chance to.