Chapter Fourteen

RILIAN'S POV

Once we were sure that the Witch was concentrating on the fight, Lucy and I made our escape. We slowly snuck out of the archway and took a right turn.

"Where could he be?" I asked aloud, pivoting around.

"He could be anywhere, this island is extensive. However, when we were here last, the crew were able to get some sleep near a waterfall. It's fairly secluded. We could check there first?" Lu suggested.

"Lead the way."

She smiled and hurried down the path, taking sharp twists and turns. Finally Lucy pushed away some branches and we were rewarded with the view of a giant waterfall. The water was frozen, but it was clear that the sight used to be beautiful. "There's nothing here." I sighed, looking around.

"Wait." Lucy walked towards the tower of ice and thrust her arm behind it. "There's just enough room to fit." She sucked in air and slid behind the ice. I followed her closely.

Behind the waterfall was a hidden cave. It was not dark though. The sunlight poured in, surprisingly warming the air. Fawns huddled in corners talking in quiet voices. And by the back of the cave, a young boy sat alone, staring into the distance.

"Hello?" Lucy whispered. The cave fell silent and everybody stared at us.

"Who are you?" The boy questioned, standing up.

"Please. This is my friend Rilian and I'm-."

"Lucy." The boy said in realisation. "We've met before."

I stood beside Lucy, gazing in wonder at the sight before us. Lucy frowned and walked closer to the boy. "Have we met?" She asked.

"My name is Ramandu."

"The owner of the island." I spoke aloud.

He nodded. "And you're Rilian, King of Narnia."

"Ramandu! You've changed." Lucy replied. "Last time you were-"

"Older. Yes. I grow young as the Earth grows old." He looked at me and stepped forwards. "Come closer, boy." He was young, yet he spoke like an old man. How did he possibly grow young? Ramandu touched my face and his eyes began to well up with tears.

"Rilian, do you know who this is?" Lucy asked.

I shook my head.

"Ramandu is your grandfather."

---
PETER'S POV

Lexi continued to fight me.

"If you stop Lexi, we can find Edmund!"

"She'll kill him!" She cried wielding her sword again.

"That I will." The Witch agreed.

"Where is my brother?" I growled, ducking under the table and coming out on the opposite side to Alexis.

The Witch smirked. "You're an inquisitive one."

"Didn't you want us to come here and bring with us four children of A-"

"Oh the rest of that was rubbish. I wanted you here to complete my curse. I need the four children of Adam and Eve yes, but everything else, no."

Lexi had rounded the table and swung her sword hard. My sword flung out of my hands and landed across the room.

"Kill me then. Do it."

Lexi's eyes looked conflicted. She struggled to raise her sword again, you could see her fighting the Witch inside. She raised her weapon high above her head. "I'm sorry, Edmund." She whispered and brought down the sword.