Chapter Twelve

"Is this everything?" Edmund asked. "We definitely have the riddle pieces?"

"For the sixth time, Ed, yes." I answered, mounting my horse.

"I'm still not too sure about this. I have a bad feeling." Peter sighed, checking his tack before swing a leg over his horse.

"I do too. Yet, if we left it, something bad may result from it." Rilian answered.

Lucy nodded in agreement. "He's right."

"Can we just get going?" Edmund snapped, clucking his horse into a trot.

"What is wrong with you Edmund?" Peter took the words straight out of my mouth.

Edmund ignored him and nudged his horse into a canter, getting ahead of the group.

I rolled my eyes. "He's just being stupid."

The others agreed and we followed after him.

---

"We are a day's ride from Ashkra, where we can sail from their port straight across to Ramandu's Island." Rilian poked the fire with his stick and it sizzled angrily. We had made camp on the beach, it was the softest place to sleep.

"Will we make it by tomorrow, the third day?" I asked, snuggling up to Edmund, who was laying next to me. He turned his head away.

"We should make it by tomorrow afternoon, if the weather is good."

"We have to make it by tomorrow afternoon, otherwise who knows what could happen to Narnia!" Lucy interjected.

"Exactly." Rilian smiled slightly.

"Well if we leave before sunrise tomorrow, it'll give us more time." Peter joined the conversation with a sigh. We were all sick of the drama in Narnia. Could it not be peaceful for once?

"Good night." I broke the impending silence a few minutes later, wondering if anyone was still awake. But to my surprise I was answered by everyone.

---

LUCY's POV

Peter woke us up just before sunrise, like he had promised the night before. I groaned but slowly got up.

"Oh dear. Edmund's missing again. Can he not just stick around?" Rilian sighed, packing up his rucksack.

"Guys, it's not only Edmund. Lexi is gone too." Peter added anxiously, searching where we had set up camp.

"Their stuff is gone." I noticed and pointed to the empty space, followed by footprints. However the footprints didn't last long, as they soon trailed into the ocean.

"How could they end up in there?" Pete questioned walking closer to the gentle waves.

"I think there was a struggle!" Rilian trailed his fingers along the sand that was ruffled as if there was a desperate attempt of escape.

"I have a bad feeling." Peter sighed.

"Me too." I agreed. If Lexi and Edmund were gone, who knows what would happen to Narnia. But the most important thing, what would happen to them?

"We should go. At least make it to the island and ask for more time." Rilian suggested.

"I'm not leaving my brother and best friend to whoever has taken them!" I protested.

"Luce, we have to get there, or Narnia could perish. Edmund and Lexi are strong and smart. They'll find a way."

I felt my eyes prickle with tears. Peter was right, but the thought of losing them was heartbreaking.