Chapter Twenty Two

Niall wakes up from his nap to a harsh banging on the door. He groans, rolling over to see Zayn still asleep. He quickly smiles, pecking his Dominant cheek and getting out of bed. On the way over, he hears soft whining from the nursery.

He walks in, seeing his daughter blink up at him with blank eyes. He smiles and picks her up, cuddling her close to his chest. She nuzzles into his chest, mouthing at him. He chuckles and grabs a feeding blanket and a sling. He settles her by his chest in the gray sling. She latches onto him, sucking and whimpering.

Niall smiles fondly, resuming his task. He covers her head with the soft blanket and cradles her. When he reaches the door, the pounding is loud, and angry.

He throws open the door. "Hello - oh!" He gasps, holding his daughter closer to him, his whole body tensing in fear. Darcy squeaks, using her paws to knead for more milk. Niall doesn't even care about the pain. Just the man in front of him. The man who kicked him out. The man who was the reason he was in that horrid auction house. The man who abused him.

His father.

He smirks. "Hello, Niall."

Niall's gaze hardens and he tightens his stance. "What do you want, Mr. Horan?"

"Mr. Horan?" Bobby laughs. "Youre a Horan, too, actually."

"No, actually, I'm not anymore," Niall mocks him. "I'm a Malik."

"Malik?"

"Yes, Malik. My husband."

"Where is this husband of yours, huh?" Bobby asks.

"Sleeping," Niall nods, tensing his jaw.

Bobby smirks, leaning forward. Niall crinkles up his nose, twisting up in revulsion at the stench of cigarettes amd alcohol. "Get the fuck away from my child!" He hisses, taking a step back.

"Who is this?" Bobby asks. "Did a little slut get knocked up? Is this what this is? A mistake!"

Niall raises his hand, slapping Bobby across the face. "Don't you dare talk about my daughter like that! She was not a mistake! And neither were her brother and sister."

"Brother and sister!" Bobby howls. "Three? You have three children? I bet they all have different fathers!"

"They're triplets, so unless you know a way to knock up a guy with three children at the same time from different fathers, I suggest you shut the Hell up!"

Bobby storms forward, pushing his son against the wall. Niall gasps, holding his child close. Darcy removes her mouth, starting to cry. Niall holds her, bouncing slightly to calm her. "Is this any way to talk to your father?"

"No. But good thing you're not my father. Sean is!" Niall screeches.

"Sean? You mean that little slut I dumped for getting knocked up in high school?"

"He is not a slut! He is more of a man then you could ever be! He's endured pains you never did. I relate to him. I know what its like to give birth. I know what its like to get my heart broken by someone I trusted with my life. And the ironic part is, that we both got our heart broken by the same person!"

Bobby slaps Niall across the face, making the small boy cup his cheek and whimper. He points a finger at his son. "You two are just whores. What you never knew was that while I knocked him up, he was still with his Dominant. He was a Sub, so go ahead. Live up to your fathers legacy of being a worthless dirty whore," he spits.

"I would rather live up to his then yours. At least I remember him as beautiful and helpful and strong. I remember you as a cold blooded, dirty lying cheater. And don't even try to say you didn't cheat on Maura. We both know you did. More than once. I may have been only eleven, but its amazing what I can pick up from these cat ears," Niall sasses.