Chapter Two

"Well, you are indeed pregnant. Very much so," Dr. Fitzgerald tells the young couple.

Niall cocks his head to the side. "Very much so?"

"Three months."

The Sub and his lover exchange looks. "Three months?" Zayn echoes.

"How did I not know? Or feel any symptoms? The morning sickness just started this morning," Niall shrugs. "I mean, I'm happy. So darn happy, but how did I not notice?"

Dr. Fitzgerald starts to gather his paperwork. "Some pregnancies are like that. You said your friend just had a child?"

"Yes, Louis. He had two and he's expecting again."

"Well, I suggest you talk to him. It'll save you the time of coming to town for a class or examination."

"Yes, Doctor," Niall nods his hand, placing his hands in his lap and straightening his back, puffing out his chest a bit in an attempt to look bigger and more sophisticated. "Is that all?"

"Unless you have any other questions, yes," he says dismissively.

Niall glances at Zayn, whos been quiet for almost the entire time. "I was told I cannot have children," he says, his coffee colored irises training on the sterile, white tiles. "How did this happen?"

Dr. Fitzgerald shrugs. "I don't know, Mr. Malik, but consider yourself lucky. If you weren't supposed to have children, then I'll bet this is the only one you'll get."

Zayn nods absently, as does Niall.

"We'll schedule an ultrasound for next week and you two can be on your way. Have a great day," he smirks, his tone dismissive as he softly closes the door behind him.

The couple stay in the room in silence, Niall staring expectantly at Zayn and Zayn staring, bewildered, at the floor.

"How...?" He breathes, his voice wavering.

Niall blinks at him. "You're...are you mad?"

The Dominants eyes widen and he sits up straight, grasping the younger boys hand and scanning his face. "No, no! Not in any way. I'm...escatic. Of course. Just...confused about how this...happened."

Niall snorts. "Well, I thought your father wouldve given you a talk about how this happens long ago."

"Niall..." Zayn warns, his tone hung with promise. The promise of punishment.

Niall nods, dipping his head. "Sorry, sir. I'm not sure how this happened. I'm sorry I've...disappointed you."

Zayn sighs and picks up his Nekos chin, gazing into his beautiful blue eyes. "You can never disappoint me, Niall. Now where ever did you get that crazy idea like that?"

Niall shrugs, wiping his eyes. "I got knocked up."

Zayn smiles softy at him. "Sure you did. But, Niall...this is...the best thing that's ever happened to me."

The small boy meets his loves soft eyes, his blue eyes large and watery. "Really?"

"Yes, indeed. This is a miracle, Niall. You're a miracle - wait!"

"What?"

"The children are mine, right?" Zayn frowns, completely and utterly serious.

"Yes," Niall smiles honestly, placing a deep, slow peck on the 35 year olds lips.

--------

"Harry!"

"Yes, Louis?" Harry calls, leaning against the doorpost. Louis is sitting on the floor in front of the couch in the den, a fire raging in his sight. The twins sleep, nestled in their signature ying-yang position next to their mother while Louis looks through wedding books. Harry was making lunch.