[19] Part II

A/N:

Heyyy miss me? ;)

*crickets chirping*

Never mind anyways this is like a surprise chapter of Cole's POV; I was just feeling extra adventurous...I hope this chapter clears up Cole's personality and feelings a bit. I know some of you were really confused as to his bipolar behavior, so here's his version of the events!

Enjoy!

~S xx

Cole had done it. He'd finally confessed it to somebody. That somebody being Cyril, his Beta and best childhood friend. Confessed his feelings for his mate. Mia Wilde, the tough, tomboyish Elemental that had taken the country by surprise when she turned up in Black Ice as their top fighter.

Truth to be told, Cole himself never understood why he took Mia in. All he knew was that after visiting the hospital wing to meet the trespassing rogue who he'd actually made up his mind to throw into the dungeons, he'd set eyes on the most beautiful girl he's ever seen, the most tantalizing scent wafting from her body, and she had found her way into his cold, bitter heart just like that, with one look.

Of course, being the alpha male that he was, Cole sauntered in like it was no big deal, playing it cool as he ordered the other three out of the room. She'd been completely irresistible, with her long, wavy ombre hair, soft eyes, most kissable lips he'd ever seen, and the look of an angry kitten as she tried to be tough in front of him, trying not to stare.

He'd noticed.

And then, of course, he blurted out that she was going to be a pack member, and then left. Despite the guilt from his past swelling up within him due to his past relationship, he wasn't going to let his soulmate, the girl he was suddenly whipped for, slip from his hands like that.

Not only that, her blood was something different. He had sensed raw power radiating off her mere skin, a kind of supernatural aura. She would be free bait for other thirsty, power-seeking, manwhore Alphas once she got out of Black Ice territory. Cole's blood boiled at the very thought of someone else using his girl for their own selfish purposes.

And so he set on his mission of winning her over to his side. He wouldn't let anybody take her away from him, and he used the excuse that she would be good defense for the pack as the way to let her in. Of course, Cyril, knowing Cole very well, didn't buy it. And so, Cole admitted his feelings.

He was scared, okay? Scared of losing his mate, his way of moving on from the mess that was his mate. She had come as a beacon of hope into his life, and as cheesy as it sounded, she was a ray of light that had forced him out of his darkness, his wallowing self-pity. He'd finally gotten the courage to talk to her after Morgan's passing, but he was still terrified that Mia would reject him, be disgusted or worse, scared of him. He wouldn't be able to handle it, along with the guilt and self-pity that he was going through for losing his former girlfriend.

He had killed her. Taken an innocent's life. And paid the price. His intimidating red eyes had turned into an irreversible blue-grey, reflecting the shame he'd brought onto himself and the dark blot on Black Ice's untarnished history. Killed an innocent, defenseless werewolf to relieve her of her suffering. But what did it matter? After all he'd committed a sin, and the cause didn't matter.

But then, unable to wait for the day Mia would inevitably find out about his history, he took it upon himself to confess. Not personally, no, he couldn't bring himself to do it. Instead, he gave her the book, hoping she would connect the dots or at least find somebody to tell her. Everybody in the pack knew the terrible story. Cole was sure his pack secretly hated him for it. It never once crossed his mind that they actually respected him for the sacrifice.

So Mia knew. She understood why he didn't accept her immediately; that he would need time. And he was grateful that she didn't bring it up. He did find it difficult to sit near her or breathe in her scent, which aroused his wolf, but then again he'd brought it upon himself.

He just needed time to move on, maybe find a new life with his soulmate.

Mia was completely different from Morgan. He'd thought that he loved Morgan, but he was wrong. That had merely been an infatuation. His natural dominant nature took over her weak, defenseless, submissive werewolf and they'd been happy. A stereotypical couple, the submissive and the dominant. The Omega and the Alpha.

Mia shattered his entire vision of an ideal mate. She was everything opposite: powerful, rebellious, and dominant in her own way. She was reckless, wild and brave: not ideal for an Alpha. But Cole loved the challenge. For once, he needed somebody to be there for him, not always the other way round. Sure he'd take care of his mate, but his mate had to be there for him, too. She was caring, but stubborn and difficult to win over. And in Cole's eyes, there was nobody else meant for him.

Of course Mia was still in her own little bubble, dealing with work, friends and and her own little crush on Cole, blissfully unaware of the danger she was facing in the outside world, that bloodthirsty Alphas were waiting for the right moment to strike, and that her mate, the mysterious Alpha, had such strong feelings about her. And this is where we leave them, to continue with the rest of the story.