Chapter 1

It all began that one night, at a friend’s party. Okay, she wasn’t really my friend. She was someone I work with. So, someone I work with invited me to a party. At first I didn’t really want to go but I somehow convinced myself to. It was fun at first, everyone was having a good time, laughing, drinking all that good stuff. 

That is until we went outside for the bonfire. Everybody is completely wasted by this time. I’m drunk but not too drunk. Sober enough to know what’s going on, but drunk enough to let a complete stranger put his arm around me. 

“Hey babe” he slurred. “Why don’t you come home with me and I’ll show you the time of your life.” It wasn’t a question. This somehow sobered me up enough to know he was probably bad news. 

“Umm no.” I got up and started to make my way back to the house.

I really didn’t want to be here anymore. I had a bad feeling I couldn’t shake. 

Just before entering the house I felt a cold pair of hands turn me around. The face of the creep that wanted to bring me home met me. Now I really wanted to leave. 

“Come on sweetheart don’t be like that. I can make you feel good.” He whispered the last part.

“I said no.” I spat trying to turn away from him. He stopped me though and gritted his teeth. 

“You don’t have to be a bitch about it!” His grip tightens around my forearm.

“Let go of me!” I said through gritted teeth now as I tried pulling away. His grip just tightened. 
He slammed me up against the door and got uncomfortably close to my face. The amount of alcohol on him made me want to barf. He tucks a strained of hair behind my ear and strokes my cheek.

“I can tell your gonna be a struggle.” He whispers. I start to struggle against his hold but it’s no use. He slams me against the door again and I whimper loudly. 
“It’s no use baby doll. Just let it happen.” I begin to cry at this point.

“Get off me! Help! Somebody hel-” I’m cut off by a stinging across my face. He slapped me. Hard.

I whimper again and he chuckles. He then starts kissing my neck sloppily. 

“Get off, please don’t!” My voice breaks on almost every word. 

Suddenly the man is ripped off me and a new figure takes his place. 

I can’t tell what he looks like since his back is facing me but he stands in front of me in almost a protective way. The man stands up and glares at my hero.

“Leave.” The figure in front of me growls. 

“We were just having fun mate.” 

“Didn’t sound like she was having too much fun.”

“Yeah cuz she’s a bitch.” The man slurred. In one quick movement the figure snapped up his fist and connected it with the strangers face. 

“I said. Leave.” 
This time the man didn’t argue. He walked away cursing to himself well holding his jaw in pain.

The figure turned toward me and I can get a better look at him now. 

Dirty blonde hair, a lot of tattoos, and blue liquid eyes. He was good looking. And built. 

“Are you alright?” His voice was still hard, but more comforting towards me. 

I nodded. “Thank you.” 

He nodded back and offered me a hand. I stared at it for a minute.

“I just saved you from a rapist! Do you really think I would try it myself?” 

“Well you could be a serial killer.” He chuckled at that. 

“Pretty sure if a was a serial killer you would be dead by now.” He cocked his eyebrows. 

I sighed and took his hand. He led me inside and onto the coach. 

“I’m Niall by the way.” He said grabbing a beer. 

“Lillie.” I spoke awkwardly. 

He grinned and took a spot next to me. “Beautiful name for a beautiful girl.” He said laying a hand on my thigh. Immediately he did that I swatted it off. 

“Thought you weren’t like him.” I spat. 

“I’m not. I’m more charming.” He smirked. I grunted and scooted away from him. 

“So what brings you to a party like this?” He says moving closer. 

“A friend from work invited me.” I said rolling my eyes at his little game. I didn’t want to play. 

“Doesn’t seem like your type of party.” 

“What’s that suppose to mean?” 

“Hey calm down princess I just meant you don’t look like you’ve been doing drugs since you were twelve that’s all” he said putting his hands up in defense. 

“Oh and you have.” He looked down at his feet after he heard my snarky comment. 

“Maybe.” He said bitterly. I sigh and fumbled with my fingers. I didn’t mean to sound like a bitch. 

“Sorry, I just don’t really know anyone here or you….” I trailed off. 

His cold eyes met mine. They looked mean from the outside but somewhere inside I could sense warmth.

“We could get to know each other.” He smirks putting a strained of hair behind my ear. 

He leans in and is now inches from my lips. Is he really trying to kiss me? We just met! Yet for some reason I felt my body betray me and lean in too. Right before our lips meet there’s the sound of loud sirens outside. It makes both of us jump and Niall’s is instantly almost hovering over me. Blocking me from the noises. It was almost as if he wanted to protect me. That was something I didn’t get. We’ve just met. There’s no way he can have those types of feelings for me. There’s a loud voice from outside suddenly, yelling, “POLICE!” 

Niall and I look at each other and mumble curse words. We both knew there some drugs at this party. Niall takes my hand and gets off the couch. 

“We need to run.” He says gripping my hand tight and while pulling me along.