"It's okay. You're angry at Nathan. Don't worry Lyra." Daisy gave me a small smile and continued to the help the girl who laid on the bed. It was Lisa, I realized. I didn't specifically know Lisa, but I knew she was the best fighter when it came to throwing knives. She laid unconscious on the bed.

"What happened to Lisa?" I asked.

"She got some claws stuck by some Tumultuous wolf on her stomach. She's better than before though. I gave her some pain killers and she fell asleep."

I nodded. Together, Daisy taught me more about curing wounds as we always did. I watch her carefully as she teaches me more about the medicines and strange herbs. But I try to remember everything. I know how useful this information is since Atlas' incident with my father. Knowing him, he would go back there again. Why was I mated to an idiot? An idiot who was also selfish and cynical and ridiculously rude. 

_________________________

When the pack finally came back, I could see the defeat in their eyes.

My heart crushed. They had been planning this for weeks, and I wanted to prove something to Atlas. But right now, my competitive aspect needed to be locked away. I looked at all the people from my pack that came injured.

Most of them were exhausted, collapsing at the second they entered. I instantly ran out with Daisy, helping as many of my wolves as I can. I bought out water, painkillers, bandages, and as many things I could to help them. It was a hassle—running back and forth with Daisy. This was often my job before I went with the battle for the first time with Acacia.

These wolves fight for my father, the Alpha. They risk their life every day. However, I knew they all had personal a reason. The Tumultuous Moon Wolf pack had taken something from each and every one of them. Me? My mother. This war had been going on for so many centuries that the real reason why war started in the first place was forgotten.

Suddenly, it was Nathan who arrived next with a huge claw mark that ran through his chest. Not only that, it seemed one hand of claws were dug straight into his chest. Nathan was sweating. He was in pain, I could see it through his ocean eyes. I see Acacia next to Nathan, holding him up. He would fall if it wasn't for her.

"Nathan!" Suddenly, all the anger I felt faded and all the frustration in my chest was gone. Who had done this to my brother? Imagining the pain he must be going through—He was going to be fine, I told myself.

"What happened?"

"I'm fine, Lyra. It's just a scratch." Nathan gave me a crooked smile.

I looked down at the blood running down his chest. The claw mark reached to the top of his chest to the bottom end. I was going to punch him. I couldn't believe him. "This." I yelled. "—IS NOT A FUCKING SCRATCH!"

The wolves of the pack turned to me. But they knew me well enough that I wasn't going to let this go. Not until Nathan realized his bleeding chest was not the result of a fucking scratch. Did he want me to lose it completely?