Chapter Twenty Eight: Sweet Dreams

Start from the beginning

Tyler watched as they all decided to rest. It was a good idea. Tyler knew that he needed to rest as well. He ended up forcing himself to take a nap, trying his best to make sure he didn't stay in too long, as the rules would be broken other wise. The time ticked by, and Ty sat at the table, chewing away on an apple. Bashur was resting, sitting at the table as well. His stomach ached, and he couldn't sleep no matter how much he prayed he could.

Ty looked around, finishing the apple he had. He left the core on the table, letting it roll to the side and fall off. He didn't like the silence in the place. He didn't like it here at all. He tried his best to be calm, but what else was he going to do? He could continue looking around. As risky as it was, it game Ty excitement. The adrenaline rush was amazing. And he'd die either way, so why not?

Ty stood up, his movement stopping when he heard someone turning in their bed. He looked to the side to see Ant, who was sitting on top of the covers. He was awake, and he turned to see what Ty was doing. Ty sighed and continued to walk over to Bashur.

"Hey, uh, Bashur...." Ty said awkwardly as he sat beside the melon.

"What is it?" Bashur asked, his voice dull. Tired.

"I see you can't go to sleep." Ty said. "Maybe you'd like to do something other then sit here?"

"I'm not going outside this room anymore." Bashur shook his head.

"Why not? Do you want to starve to death in here? Doing nothing?" Ty asked.

"Ty, I don't want to die. That's why i'm staying in here." Bashur looked at Ty with annoyed eyes.

"What are you guys talking about?" Bashur and Ty looked up to see Ant, who took a seat with them.

"Listen, Ant. I want to go back out there." Ty said. "I don't want to sit around. I'm not tired."

"You want the adrenaline rush." Ant frowned. "I know you, Ty. You put yourself in danger a lot but you always seem to make it out."

"Yeah, well not this time." Bashur muttered. "You can go kill yourself, but I'm not leaving this room."

"If i'm not mistaken, you're all about that adrenaline rush too, Bashur." Ant tilted his head.

"But I would never knowingly throw myself in front of a train expecting to live. There's a difference between then and now." Bashur replied.

"You'll be hit by the train anyway, Bashur. And if you don't jump in front of it, it'll be a slower, more time consuming death." Ant said. "Starving is painful, I hear. And wouldn't you rather die a hero then a coward?"

"I hate how we have this conversation." Bashur rested his head back down.

"So, Ant, what do you think? Will you come with me?" Ty asked.

Ant paused.

"I don't want to, but I can't let you go out there alone."

"You're going to fucking die!" Bashur hissed at Ant, looking back up at him. Ant didn't reply.

Bashur watched Ant and Ty sit up, and then begin to walk over to the area with the beds after saying a few words. Bashur realized that they were going to try to convince someone else to go with them. At first, Bashur was relieved that he could live another day. But then he realized that if they go someone else, they might not come back. If they convinced Tyler, Tyler might not come back. Seto, Sky, Jason, Sub. It all counted for them too. And with that, Bashur realized how much he despised seeing each and every one of his friends die.

"I'm not selfish."

Ty and Ant paused, looking back at Bashur.

"I'd r-rather die then one of them." Bashur stood up from his chair. "Besides, I'm only holding everyone back."