Blood Thirsty Chapter 6 :)

Start from the beginning

She nodded sadly and began dying it a black that could only be described as a warm summer night.  

After about 2 hours she had finished and my hair, I had to admit was freaking awesome.  I had never imagined my hair to be this color, but I guess there’s no going back now.  I thanked the stylist and paid cash before leaving.  Who knows what could happen if I had paid with a credit card. No doubt he would track it.

As I was walking out of the salon I caught a glimpse of myself in the glass. My reflection was more of a ghost than a person. I had practically looked invisible, like I was fading.  Then I realized what the girl had probably thought from earlier. –when she was practically staring at me in disbelief through the mirror. Only to look down and see I was really there in front of her.

I walked along the sidewalk, being sure to keep my head down.  Somewhat freaking out that if he saw me, he would yell at me.  But then I realized that I had just dyed my hair. He couldn’t possibly notice me that easily, or so I thought.

I walked a little farther and noticed a general store. I walked inside noticing it could hold a lot more things than I had thought it could.  There was a clothes department on the other side of the store, along with some restaurants along the wall, and in the middle was a gift shop.  I quickly sprinted over to the clothes searching for anything that would make me look different. The clothes that I where wearing now were torn, and dirty beyond belief.   I was relieved when I found what I was searching for along the far wall. 

Shelves upon shelves of jeans were folded.  So I picked the most bizarre pair I had ever seen. White skinny jeans.  I had never worn them before. I mean I had seen many people wear them, but not once before had I thought I would be one to join the clique. 

I found my size and picked another pair but in dark blue, that were also ripped.  After I had picked those out I went and found some shirts.  I picked a dark purple halter top, as well as a clearance top. Then I found a pair of black chucks that would really match anything I picked out.  I smiled at myself, seeing that what I had in hand was something in my old life I would never dream of wearing. I was never the girl to wear skinny’s or converse.  I was the girl on the cheerleading squad, shy but somewhat intact of reality.  I had more smarts than smarty’s but who needed boys anyways?  I was completely and ideally in my own little world.

But then reality hits and I sink back rock bottom to know that I’ve made a life changing decision.  My life was already changing, but this decision here was just the icing on the cake.

This is what I want.

I quickly changed in a dressing room, ripping off the tags as I did, and stuffed the remaining clothes in a sports duffle bag I snagged before I walked in. 

I was no clepto but I had my ways. I smiled evilly as I ripped off the remaining tags and stuffed them in the trash bin.

I had on the purple top as well as the white skinny jeans and my black chucks.  My look seemed complete as I walked out of the room. 

I walked around the corner of the store and saw a drink in the row of coolers.  I walked closer in disbelief. My hands wound themselves around the handle and swung open the door. Its fresh cold breeze flew upon my skin. Any other time I would have shivered but now, since it didn’t matter nothing happened.

I grabbed the bottle in the fridge, its red cold liquid calling out to me as the label seemed so surreal. 

True Blood, bottle O Negative.  I grasped the drink for dear life looking around the store as I twisted the cap eagerly.  I dropped my duffle bag to the floor and lifted the bottle to my lips.