Practice

"Alright you worthless morons, I want a good battle. I'm sick of you babies getting beat up by some kids." And of course that only meant one thing- Ludo had arrived- and his pathetic army.

After years of stalking the enemy grounds of a teenage girl, the buff-frog-creep had to get his say. "Actually boss, 18 year olds are technically legal adults in-"

"Shut up I don't care," Ludo snapped. Frog Monster sighed.

"Now, we stick to the plan exactly as I say-" A three-eyed-potato-headed-beast frowned.

"But they haven't shown up in 3 days. I don't know if-"

"THEY'LL BE HERE!!!!!!" Ludo barked. "My wand will be here- or else I'm coming for my wand."

~~~Meanwhile~~~

"Every queen must wear appropriate attire, blah blah blah, attendance is mandatory to all ceremonial events, like I care. The queen shall also decide the hierarchy of Mewni's citizens, yada yada yada. Ugh, I should just get a puppy and put a hole through this thing?" Star groaned in aggravation. "Why does being queen mean so much work. Who cares about a bunch of sacred Mewni laws?"

What she didn't know was as she barely glanced at each word in her book, her magic mirror flashed to life, and an image of her mother appeared.

"Oh Star!!! How's my little butterfly?"

She moaned quietly, but put her attention on her mother anyway.

"I'm fine. Why're you calling again? I'm leaving in two days."

"That's what I'm here for. We changed the date of your arrival."

Star was aghasted. No way- no freaking way. If I wait any later I'll... I'll- I don't even know what!

"No mom, I need to come on Sunday. I can't wait any longer. I'm getting sort of sick of Earth. I've-"

"Stop!!" she interrupted. "I've heard enough. I never thought I wanted my little butterfly to return so badly- and believe me, do you know how long me and your father planned St. Olga's?"

Star rolled her eyes. "Get on with it."

"Right. I'm calling cause you're coming to Mewni tomorrow. We've finished planning everything- and we really can't wait another day. Oh and Star."

"Hmm?" She could barely focus any longer from the excitement creeping in, yet managed to sit tight for her mother's last say.

She didn't know if it was just her, or if her mom's pupils suddenly looked more like two fire icons, and her face read, "look me in the eyes and you're dead." She could even see smoke meandering above her head. Ok- so that didn't really happen. But because of this, it felt that way.

"YOU BETTER HAVE YOUR ENTIRE TEXTBOOK MEMORIZED, AND EACH SPELL KNOWN BY HEART OR ELSE YOU'LL BE FORCED TO LIVE IN THE SLUMS, AND SHALL BE OUTCASTED BY YOUR OWN FAMILYYY!!!!!!!!!!!"

Star gulped. "R-r-right," she stuttered.

Her mom took a deep breath, calming her raging nerves.

"I'm glad we've come to an agreement. I'll send a carriage tomorrow evening-"

Or I could just use dimensional scissors, but whatever.

"Bye dear." Wasn't she sweet?

On the other side of her door stood Marco pounding constantly.

"Star open up. My parents are worried you'll try to skip a meal again. They really want you to have dinner. It's Chinese."

Ooo, I love Chinese food!! Suddenly she shook her head. Wait, that means you won't be practicing, and then your crazy mother will scare the heebie jeebies out of you. And besides- I need to have everything down when I surprise Marco as queen. She laughed. I'd do anything to see the look on his face when he sees me on the throne. You're not the only one who can be serious, Marco.