18

"Justin!!" I shouted at him while he panicked to try and pick up the pieces of the statue he broke in front of the door.

Justin grabbed a couple pieces of glass and Sara shook her head. "You clumsy thing. Here, let me help." She bent over and started picking up pieces of shattered glass as well.

"It wasn't my fault this time though. Somebody put that statue in front of the door."

My queen cleared her throat and we all looked over at her. "That would be me. Just in case someone tried to break in." She rubbed her hand over her belly and smiled at me. "I missed you, love."

I held Mashika on my hip and met my wife halfway. "Who is this little one?" She tickled Shika's sides.

"These are Keena's siblings..." I looked down and she lifted my head up by my chin. "What are they doing here, baby? Is something wrong?"

"What happened to my family?" Keena walked out and looked at all of us. "What's going on? Why are you guys here?" The children all ran to their sister and hugged her tightly.

Justin rose to his feet and handed the guards the glass. "Dispose of those." He walked over to Keena and placed both hands on her shoulders. "I'm sorry..."

She shook her head and tears started falling. "No, no! There's nothing wrong with them...they're okay. They were okay!" She shouted, startling all of us.

"Keena they're gone, they're gone." He said and pulled her into a hug. She fought back and started punching his chest but he never let her go. "What did you do?" She looked over his shoulder at me. "What did you do?!" She tried to charge at me but Justin held her back.

"You killed my family!! You let them die!" Mashika held on to me tightly and laid her head on my shoulder. "My sister is sad." She whispered and started to tear up as well.

"Keena he didn't know.." Justin whispered in her ear and attempted to calm her down. "He didn't know any of this was going on. I'm so sorry."

She wrapped her arms around him and cried into his chest. Queen laid her head on my other shoulder and wiped the child's tear stained eyes. "She's okay, baby girl. Everyone is okay. You're going to stay here with us okay? We have room for all of you."

Mashika nodded her head and reached for the queen. She took the child out of my hands. "We're gonna get along just fine I see."

Sara bowed down in front of the queen. My love motioned for her to stand. "My my, what a beautiful woman you are." She said and smiled. "I'm sure your mother was very pleased with her. She always said that she wanted you to marry a woman of color."

"You knew his mother?" Queen asked and Sara nodded. "That's another story for another time, my dear. Oh! And you're with child? Our next king I suppose?" We both nodded.

"Marvelous! Our people have been waiting for another prince to be born. You were the last one, Taz, you know." I nodded my head and motioned for the guards to come over to us.

"Show everyone their rooms and keep an eye out for the children. This palace is far too big for them and they could get lost." They all nodded and Anthony pointed to Mashika.

"What about this little one?"

"No, no. Leave her. She's far too small for those big beds. She can sleep in our room. Is that okay? We can get a carpenter to make her a smaller one to put on the other end of the room."

Queen nodded. "That's great, actually. We can move my mirror into the bathroom. That way, she can be closer to us."

I smiled and kissed her. "Then it's settled. Is she staying in your room?" I turned and said to Justin and Keena but they were already gone.