12

"Queen, you have a visitor." Julian, my guard, said to me and bowed down before me.

"Who is it?" I rose to my feet and motioned for him to stand up as well. I've never told anybody to stand after bowing to me so I guess Taz was rubbing off on me.

"Keena? I think that's what her name is." He went towards the door and stood there, waiting for my approval.

"Let her in."

The doors creaked open and there stood Keena. I had no idea what her intentions were so I went and grabbed Taz's knife off of his throne and held it tightly in my hand.  For all I know he could've sent her to kill Justin and I off.

"Oh, no need for that, your highness." She said and bowed down before me. "I'm just here to talk to you."

"Why would you do that? You don't know me. I don't know you. There's nothing to be discussed here. In fact, why are you standing in my presence? You're nothing but a lowlife peasant who just wants to be apart of the Royal family. That's why you're going after my husband, right? Because he's king and you want to be queen. You want to be me so bad."

Keena stood up and placed her hands to her side. "Are you quite finished?"

I said nothing and she continued. "First, I'm not jealous of your royal status nor do I want to be queen. I don't want your husband either so now that that's laid out on the table....I just came to see if you were alright and to talk to you about it but clearly you don't need or want any friends so-" She turned on her heels and was about to leave when I pulled her back by her shoulders.

"I'm sorry, I'm just used to treating people like they don't matter obviously. Sit." I motioned for her to follow me to the thrones. She sat in mine and I sat in Taz's. "I take it he told you?"

She just nodded. "Yes, your highness. He told me."

"Where is he then if he isn't with you?"

"With Justin. They were talking the last time I was there."

I jumped out of the throne in panic mode. "Are you insane?! Taz has been waiting for a moment alone with Justin. He wants to kill him and-"

"And I think you should let your husband do his job. Taz isn't dumb, he won't kill Justin. If anything he said all of that stuff to get back at you for cheating on him and breaking his heart."

She had a point so I lowered myself down into the throne again.

"Also, your husband is about to go to war and you seem to show no emotion. Do you even care? But when Justin is about to be killed, you're ready to fight to the death."

"I do care. More than you or anyone else will ever know. You think I want him to go to war while I'm pregnant with his child?"

Keena laughed to herself. "Wait, which one is the father again?"

"This is funny to you?"

"Yeah, it's hilarious actually."

I rolled my eyes as her laughing died out. "I believe in my heart that I'm carrying the next king of Egypt but my mind is telling me that I'm not."

"You do know that Taz isn't going anywhere, right?" She blurted out and stared at me with cold eyes.

What?

"What are you talking about? He's already gone."

"No, Taz isn't going anywhere. He's not leaving you..."

"But all that stuff Justin was saying earlier? How I had no power or authority here?"

She just laughed again. "Well. That's technically not false. That baby is your royalty as of right now. Once it's born will decide everything for both of them. That's what they're discussing now."

Victoria walked down the long, wooden hallway and made her way to me. There was something off about her again and if it's anything like what she told me in my chamber, then it has to be bad.

"Hi, I'm Victoria. The king's only sister."

Keena stood up but Vickie pushed her back down. "Sit. I want to see something."

She still ignored me but who could blame her? I wasn't too fond of her right now either so it didn't bother me that much.

"Okay?" Keena questioned as Victoria took the crown off of Taz's throne and placed it on Keena's head.

That was where I drew the line.

"Take it off. Now!"

Victoria and Keena both jumped when I said this but neither of them made an effort to remove the crown off of her head.

Keena reached for it but Victoria swatted her hand away. "I just thought she should have a feel of what the royalty life would be like since you'll be gone soon anyways and he'll need a new queen when he gets back from war."

"Vickie, what are you talking about?"

"That's not my nephew, that's what I'm talking about. You lied to all of us and most importantly me. Why didn't you just tell me the truth? This is all your fault. Our family is falling apart because Taz doesn't have a son to be king and there's no guarantee that he'll come back alive."

Keena just watched us in silence, the crown still on her head.

"You think she would be a good queen? She's not even from here. She doesn't have what it takes to be a queen like myself so before I say something that I might regret, I'll leave. But this?" I snatched it off of Keena's head and held it tightly in my hand. "Belongs to my husband."

"Justin or Taz?" Victoria smirked and walked past me, bumping against my shoulder as she did so. "If I remember correctly, you aren't from here as well my queen. One of the only Americans to rule an Egyptian kingdom."

As if on cue, the two of them walked through the doors in silence. Taz had something in his hand and Justin still failed to put on a shirt. It took everything in me not to stare at his perfectly toned body.

"Good evening, my king." I bowed as he got closer to the thrones. He didn't say anything but he did lift my head up and sat me up straight in front of him.

"Justin go put on a shirt." Keena said loud enough for him to hear and he waved his hand in the air at her in a hello gesture. "Yes ma'am."

Taz removed the hair that was in front of my eyes and stared at me. He still said nothing.

"I'll give you two some privacy." Keena said, hopping off of my throne and walking towards Justin's room. I tried not to care but something inside of me didn't let that happen the way I wanted it to.

"Before you say anything-" I started off, Taz placed his finger on my lips.

"Let me talk."

Ok so I finally figured out who I wanted to be Queen. Kat Graham 😍😍 idk why I never thought of her before.