6

"Justin, I'll be a royal fuck up if something happens to them or me. No one will forget about this and they'll hold our family responsible for everything that happened if I let this kingdom fall."

Justin handed me my sword and we began our training session for the war. "No, they won't. They'll remember you as the king who went to these measures to save his family and people in this kingdom. You'll be a hero. Like always..."

Our swords clinked together. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked and shoved him a little.

"Nothing, all I'm saying is that you've always had it easy around here ever since you were born because everyone knew that you would take the throne after your father. Not your brothers. You. You had all the power and was the family favorite."

"I'm also the youngest. Did it ever occur to you that maybe that was the reason why I was chosen to be king and not my brothers? Or that I'm the only one of them that can actually run a kingdom the way it should be ran." We clinked swords again and he shoved me away from him.

"You just don't get it, do you? Nothing you do will ever disappoint your people, Taz. Ever. You're their hero. Her hero." He said and pointed to Queen in the distance picking flowers. "The baby's hero."

Justin looked up at the sky. Today was a bright and sunny day. Everything seemed to glow, including my queen.

"You're lucky, you know?" He said and sat down on one of the stone benches. I sat beside him and couldn't take my eyes off of my love.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because look what you have here. You're the king, you have the most beautiful woman in the kingdom to be your queen, she's with the child that'll run your kingdom someday, and you have everything handed to you. You don't have to ask for anything because your workers already know the deal."

I gave him a confused look and lifted a brow. "Cousin, you live the exact same way. You're apart of the royal family and people treat you with respect as well. As for the queen...you'll find your love one day. Sometimes you have to go out there and take what you want."

He nodded and we both stood up again. "Cheer up, we're leaving soon and I don't want your mind wandering elsewhere while we're kicking their asses."

"You're right. Hey, you know that beer that the peasants have in the bars?"

I stopped cleaning off my sword and glanced over my shoulder at him with a smirk on my face. "Yes I know who has the best."

Justin licked his lips and put away his sword. "There's no way anybody will let you out of those gates to the rest of the kingdom without noticing you first. You'll get mobbed."

I shook my head, pulled out a black scarf, wrapped it around my nose and mouth, tied my hair up in a ponytail, and grabbed his jacket off of him. The jacket fit like a glove as I pulled the hood over my head. "There. Let's go."