Chapter Twenty-Nine: Understood Misunderstandings

Começar do início

"Ya..." I looked down, feeling almost embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry," she wrapped her arms around me in a comforting hug. "I know you still really like him."

"It's okay... Thanks Miranda," I pulled away from the hug. "Glad I have you as a friend," I told her. We usually had exchanges as such in these types of situations. We were used to having to stand up for each other and be there for the other since there wasn't really anyone else.

"Of course," she smiled kindly. "Thanks, you too."

"I-"

"Emma!"

I was cut off when I saw George making his way towards us, calling my name. I wanted to run and hide. I wanted to avoid him and any awkward conversation that may come with speaking to him. I began to turn away, trying to get away before George cold come and attempt to talk to me, but Miranda pulled me back and ushered me towards George. There was a complete awkward moment of silence when I stood still in front of him.

"Ready?" Miranda stood there, watching expectantly. "1, 2, 3, GO!...Speak!...Talk!..." she urged us. "Ugh fine, I give up..." she sagged her shoulders, sulking, and made her way back inside. I turned back to look at George and wondered what was to happen next. I noticed he had the cutest smile on his face and he was looking so sweetly at me it was hard to hold my composure. I almost forgot what had just happened even.

"Hey," he spoke, a smile still plastered on his face. "I need to talk to you about something..." he reached for my hand and pulled me along with him.

* * *

Autumn's P.O.V.

"What's it like?" I asked. "Performing on X Factor I mean. I couldn't even imagine it..." I explained further, imaging the amazing experience in my mind.

"It's amazing! The first time was petrifying though. Of course I got used to it after the first few times and learned to use the nerves, but it was pretty hectic. I never really thought it would be as brilliant as it is," Ella answered my question, the boys listening in on the conversation as well. "Do you sing?"

"Um... Just a little... I mean I like to sing but I'm not much of a performer. Big audiences scare me and I'm not that great," I admitted.

"Nonsense! I bet you're wonderful. George would probably say so," she retorted, making red rise to my face slightly. I must've looked strange in contrast to my still-pale skin. I practically looked like a vampire with my skin tone already, this definitely didn't help much at all.

"Thank you that's very kind and I bet he would too but I'm not being modest. I know very well I'm no great talent. I'm not X Factor material like you Ella," I responded.

"I won't believe it until I hear you, but I guess I can deal with it until you get a chance to show us how good you are," she finalized the conversation persistently, causing me to smile a bit at her persistence.

"So Autumn, have you been watching X Factor?" Josh asked me.

"Oh! Yes I have actually! You guys are so amazing! I'm really happy George got tone opportunity to join with you guys. It made him so happy to find a band and he always talks about you like he's known you forever," I answered.

"And how long have you known George?" Jaymi questioned, almost sounding protective of George.

"I believe nearly two years, unless you want to take away the here months I was in a coma for..." I looked up, pondering the subject of if it counted since I wasn't really alive, yet I was. "Do you think that matters? The three months I mean," I asked.

"You were in a coma?" Ella spoke, her voice filled with worry.

"Oh, ya... Sorry I forgot George didn't tell you guys."

"No it's fine dear," she said.

"But really, do you think I should count that? Because then maybe I didn't know him for two years... Then I-"

"Hun, I bet George was there with you every single day through it all whether you know it or not because that's the kind of person he is, so conscious or not, he probably still counts it," Ella voiced her thoughts with a smile on her face. "He obviously loves you."

And at that, I couldn't stop smiling.

* * *

George's P.O.V.

"So it's been a complicated time for me and when you came, I figured I could finally have a friend through this time who would understand me. And honestly, I don't think it could be anyone else but you. No one else gets me the way you do. We've been friends since we were so little so you know me so well from my bad habits to what makes me happy. So please understand, it took me a long time to get over you because I was so attached and I really loved you, but meeting Autumn helped me. I missed you like hell for all these years. I was so excited for you to be back, I just wanted to spend all the time in the world with you to make up for those years you had left me. But I have priorities and a real life now. I have to be there for Autumn," I finished off after telling Emma about the whole story of meeting Autumn. She looked at me with a mix of sadness and understanding.

"No, George I get it. Honestly I do. And I don't want you to think you can't tell me these things. Know that I'm always here and even when I got back, I have a phone and you can call anytime," she told me comfortingly.

"Thanks so much Emma," I pulled her into a tight hug.

"Of course George, I'm so happy for you," she hugged me back.

I just hoped I wouldn't ruin this friendship or my relationship with Autumn.

I took Emma upstairs with me so she could meet Autumn officially.

"Ready?" I asked before opening the door.

"Yes, George," she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Okay," I grinned, opening the door for Emma. I pulled her along with me, looking in the room. I opened the door to see them all talking and acting as if they were friend. "Autumn?"

"George!" she held her arms out (as usual) for a hug.

"Um Autumn this is Emma," I told her and her expression suddenly changed. I could now see the excitement, adoration, curiosity, amity, and happiness in her expression.

I wondered how it would go on from there.... I wondered if they cold be friends like I wished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's short! Sorry! But I have a life and need to get other shiz done as well. I finally moved back into my house though! Yyyaaaayyy!!! Thanks for sitting through both my rambles and this chapter by the way! Much appreciated! And now...... I can't believe Carry You came out!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! K I'm done. Well the song is to the the side is Carry You [OF COURSE]. I'm excited if you haven't noticed... Anyways, thanks again!

~Rose <3