Chapter 36

So. Here it is. I'm sorry for taking so long again. I really need to get better at uploading faster.

"It's a boy," Stephanie, the midwife, announced happily.

I smiled from ear to ear and we hugged. I was so happy for Cora for getting a boy like she wanted. I was getting more and more anxious to find out what I would be having as Stephanie spoke with Cora about the baby's development.

Finally, she turned to me, smiled, and asked, "Are you ready, Arielle?"

I nodded as I took the clean gown and went behind the curtain to change. I was so nervous as I laid down on the table and she felt my stomach . She put the cold gel on my stomach and did an ultrasound like that first, just like she had done with Cora. Then came the other one. She put it inside me and looked at the computer, concerned.

"Is something wrong," Vincent asked her for me.

She shook her head, no, "I just cant tell for sure if it's a girl or a boy, the baby is in an awkward position..." She moved the camera around a bit more and then she smiled. "Gottcha," she said, speaking to the baby and her face lit up as she turned from the screen to face me and Vincent. "Are you ready?"

The suspense was killing me as I nodded excitedly.

"It's a girl," she said.

I swear I thought that Vincent was going to start crying, he was so happy. I thought that I would be at least a little disappointed, but I wasn't. Stephanie had examined me and the baby. We were both very healthy, and in the end, that's all that really mattered.

Cora and I were beaming with excitement the entire way home, talking about names and baby shower ideas. It was just she and I in one vehicle. Dad wanted Vincent to go somewhere with him after our appointment.

"When are you and dad getting married," I asked her excitedly, changing the subject.

She got very serious all of a sudden and then smiled.

"This was supposed to be a surprise," she said at first, then she pulled a small, velvet box from her purse and handed it to me.

I opened the tiny box and inside was a broach with my first initial. It was silver and decorated with rhinestones. Underneath it was a small note that read: For a Beautiful Bridesmaid! ~ 16th of May.

I read the note twice to be sure I read it correctly.

"But that's only a month away," I said in disbelief, but still very excited. "How are you going to plan a wedding in just a month?"

She smiled. "It's already planned, Dear," she said. "We sent out the invitations this morning. This was the final step."

I read the note again and smiled. "Of course. I would love to be a bridesmaid!" I paused a moment and hung my head as I sighed. "But I don't think I will fit in any of those pretty dresses."

"Of course you will," she said, lifting my face with her hand. "There are plenty of different styles. We'll work it out." She chuckled. "It didn't take me long to find a wedding dress that would fit me when I'm 6 months pregnant."

I started to feel a little better until I thought about my future with Vincent. We are having a baby and we have our own house, but he hasn't even asked me yet to marry him. I couldn't help but wonder why. Did he even want to marry me? Was he afraid of making such a huge commitment? The topic plagued my mind the entire drive home.

When we finally got back, I went to my house and just sat on the couch and kept thinking about it and even wrote in my journal about it. I heard the front door open and looked up to see Vincent walking in. He gave me a worried look when he saw me on the couch obviously feeling sad. He walked over to the couch and passionately kissed me.

"I love you," he said in a sweet and reassuring voice.

"I love you too," I said, smiling now.

He always made me feel better with just the slightest touch or by just simply saying that he loved me because, I knew he meant it. And because as long as he was with me, I knew I was safe and that everything would be ok. I finally realized that it didn't matter if we were married or not. He doesn't love me any less because of it.

"I was thinking, Cherie," he said as he looked in a mirror and groomed his hair a little. "Once our daughter arrives, we wont have much time just to ourselves." He turned away from the mirror and walked towards me, pulling me off the couch. "I want us to go on as many dates as possible. Starting tonight!"

He was full of energy now and smiling big.

"Would you please do me the honour of being my date tonight, Cherie," He requested as he bowed and kissed my hand gently, making me giggle a little at him.

"Of course, Sir," I answered and I gave him a wink as I headed to the room to get ready.

"Dress nice," he called out to me, "We're going somewhere luxurious!"

Something nice? I didn't really have much as far as nice clothes to wear. Lately I have just been wearing sweat pants and maternity shirts...or oversized t-shirts. I looked through my closet for about 15 minutes and found a pretty purple, floral-print, maxi dress. I put a 3/4 length sleeve cover- up with it and buttoned it just above my bump. My hair was in an elegant side braid and I slipped on some black, sandals. I took a step back and looked at myself in the mirror. I actually looked pretty. For the first time in a long time, I felt really pretty. I smiled and grabbed my bag before walking out of the room.

Vincent stopped and stared at me.

"You look absolutely beautiful," he said in shock.

I smiled and thanked him as we left the house.

"So where are we going," I asked after we had been driving for about 30 minutes.

"You'll see," he answered smartly.

We finally arrived. I had no idea where we were, but from what I could see, it was beautiful. The restaurant was surrounded by all sorts of beautiful flowers and trees, and inside was just as beautiful. A large, crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling in the middle of the dining area and everything inside was so clean and polished looking.

"Are you alright," I asked Vincent, about halfway through our meal; he was extremely pale and I could see that he was sweating as well as shaking too.

"I'm fine," he answered and smiled nervously.

"Ok....." I said, pretending to believe him.

He wasn't fine. He was anything but that, and I could tell. Still...it was a nice evening.

After our meal, he grabbed me by the hand and took me out the back exit. I couldn't believe that this place could be anymore beautiful, but it was. The entire back area was a garden and there was even a rather large pond filled with koi fish and it was lit up. We walked through the garden quietly, holding hands. His grip was firm, but his hand was sweating a lot. Finally, we were standing under a white, lattice arch right beside the pond.

"Are you sure you're ok," I finally questioned him again.

"Yes. I'm sure," he replied and took a deep breath and paused. "I love you, Arielle, you know that right?"

"Of course I know," I answered him. "And I love you too."

Again, he took a deep breath. He was drenched in sweat now as he took his hand back. My eyes got huge as he got down on his knee and pulled something out of his shirt. The ring looked like it was straight out of a fairytale. It was a white- gold swirl ring with diamonds and the diamond right in the center resembled a rose. I thought I would have a heart attack. Is this really why he was so nervous?

"I love you, with all of my heart," he said sweetly, "Arielle Fischer...will you marry me?"

Aaahh!!! I really loved writing this. I've had it written for a while. I just tend to forget to upload lol. Things are stating to settle down now at home. I have less distractions and more time. I'm thinking of doing the next chapter in Vincent's POV.