Chapter 30

I AM BACK!! Did you miss me ? Lol.

So.

I know. This is LONG overdue. I've been super busy lately and had a lot on my mind, but I am back! I am also working on another story (I plan to stick to writing it unlike some of my others. ) lol. It's not really completely based off of a personal experience of mine. More like inspired by something a friend of mine is going through. Now without any further ado. Here is the chapter. :) enjoy!

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"...yeah..." I groaned from under my covers as someone knocked on the door.

I wasn't very loud and so Vincent got out of the bed and walked over to the door to open it- it was a weekday and we decided we'd sleep over at my place. He was wearing nothing but a pair of dark plaid, flannel sleep pants; I had stolen the shirt that went with it.

"Rise and shine, love birds," Meg said as Vincent opened the door for her.

I pulled the blanket back over my head. I didn't want to get up, I was sleeping SO good!

"Come on," Meg huffed. When I peeked from under the blanket, she was standing there with her hands on her hips, looking annoyed. Then she got a sly grin on her face. "I made strawberry crepes.."

I instantly perked up. Crepes... Strawberry... Ok- maybe it would be worth it to get out of bed. Slowly, I emerged from the blankets and got out of the bed. Meg smiled, victoriously and walked out- closing the door behind her. I began getting dressed for work while Vincent watched me looking confused.

"Why are you getting dressed?" He questioned me.

"It's Monday," I answered, obviously. "We have wo-"

"It's mid-winter break," he kindly reminded me and I looked at him confused.

"Yeah, but we still have to work, don't we?" I asked him. "I thought that mid- winter break was just a student holiday."

Vincent laughed at me a little. "It IS mainly a student holiday, but we get Monday through Wednesday off."

"Food's getting cold down here!!!" I heard Meg shout from the bottom of the stairs.

Vincent opened the door for me and motioned for me to go first. When we had finally made it to the table, I realized that Vincent and I were the only ones still wearing pajamas- only now he had put on a shirt and I had slipped on some shorts. I looked at Cora and my dad who both seemed excited about something.

"What's up," I asked curiously.

"Cora and I have been talking..." my dad started off. "We have decided that with a growing family that it is time to make some...changes."

"Like what..." I questioned him.

"Like my name," Cora answered excitedly and everyone gasped and smiled.

"For real, Mom!?" Meg said. I think she was probably the most excited out of us all.

"For real," my dad confirmed.

Don't get me wrong, I was very much happy for them, but my expression shifted from cheer to suspicion.

"You said changes," I stated to my dad. "What else is there?"

"Well," he started, "this house is simply not big enough for our quickly growing family...so Cora and I found a place and we want everybody's opinions."

"What!" Meg and I said together in shock.

"It's not far, dear," Cora said to Meg. "It's just a few miles away."